Used 2007 BMW Z4 M Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Z4 M model:

Unique
By Beemerhead

2007 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Z4 series car and second Z4M. In black with the sculpted curves it really stands out. You will not be confused for anything else on the road. I got the coupe so I could do more track events with the car clubs. The car handles extremely well, has great space for a roadster and the sound is wonderful. I like driving around in the lower gears just to keep the rpms up where the sound and performance are great. People will stare and give you a thumbs up. Several thought it was a $100k car. You just feel GREAT when you're driving and you'll find any excuse to go anywhere for any reason. This is a "Life is good" car for me.

Favorite Features

Sculpted contours that make the car look unique and tell you that this car means business on the street. Sounds great at the higher rpms, too.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are flimsy and I'd replace the Continentals with a better performance tire. They're good touring tires but not the best for hanging the corners.

Is it possible to have more fun?
By Rippem

2007 BMW Z4 M 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I can not speak highly enough about this car. Although it is still in the break-in period the performance is amazing. Handling is brilliant as well. This car loves to be driven hard. I really find the sport mode amusing, the level of throttle response and immediacy to respond to acceleration is similar to a Dinan chipped car. The car can also be driven easy especially below the 3500 RPM mark. The looks may not be to everyones taste but I like it.

Favorite Features

Engine manual trans sports seats / steering premium radio.

Suggested Improvements

The blind spots are pretty bad, extra caution must be taken when changing lanes. However as I'm usually moving at a quicker pace than the traffic around me it presents little trouble.

Very competent machine
By jmillet

2007 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

After driving a high strung, feisty Zed 3 M Coupe for five years the transition to the Zed 4 M Coupe borders on boring. The car does everything you ask it to do in a very uneventful manner. I've done four driving school events with the car and it performed flawlessly. Install high temperature competition brake pads, mount R-compound tires, turn off the DSC and you have a thoroughbred stallion ready to go fast and take any turn you can throw at it. This one is definitely a keeper. BMW has raised the bar very high with the S54 powered Zed 4 M Coupe.

Favorite Features

Great brakes taken off the E46 M3 CSL, limited slip 3.63 differential and very responsive steering. The S54 engine is smooth and produces linear from 2000 through 7900 RPM.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires; the OE Contis are marginal at best. At least they're not run flats. The exhaust system is rust prone.

Know what you are getting into
By joe

2007 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I sold my 06 330i with the knowledge that the M coupe I was about to purchase was very far removed from the 330i in both comfort and performance. The car is a rocket, but you feel every bump on the road. Also, the "premium" sound system in the M is sub-standard at best. Again, know what you are getting into before you buy. If you are willing to sacrafice comfort for performance, then this is the car for you. It was for me.

Favorite Features

330 hp and sweet exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels with fatter tires, better cupholders, and a better sound system.

Makes the Cayman look like a Kia
By Adam

2007 BMW Z4 M 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I always used to look at this car and think the styling is too weird and quirky. I then went on the site to look at the 5-Series and I saw the hatchback Z4. I then went to the dealer to check it out, I tested the Z4 coupe and the M coupe. I walked out with the M I tested. The styling is so unique that you will always get noticed, I got it in the brown colour and I will never regret it. It really brings out the curves of the car. I tested the Cayman also and it was going to cost $10000 more for not even the S! This really shows how good a designer Chris Bangle was. Get the nav with iDrive.

Favorite Features

Looks, looks, looks! Compliments I get, drive, adrenaline rush you get while driving, driving position, bi-xenon headlights, BMW warranty, wickedly fast, reliable.