2002 BMW Z3 Consumer Review: Sweet little car!

2002 BMW Z3 - Consumer Review

2.5i Convertible (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Sweet little car!
By CindyLou on

2002 BMW Z3 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 19,000 miles [now has 47,000]. Has been great on gas mileage, about 23-24 MPG. It must have highest octane or it coughs alot! Back window seems fragile; scratched despite putting a towel in the fold when I open the top. BIG problem however with the radio code; replaced battery, and radio locked. Got code from BMW dealer; have never been able to reset and get radio/CD to work, despite following all instructions. Also door metal seems fragile; gets tiny dents so easily that I now park far away from other cars. Glove compartment is badly designed; stuff falls down and out when opened, no edge on it. Otherwise good looker with great performance! So fun with top down!

Comfortable seats, cozy cockpit. Great acceleration, good gas mileage. Trunk is spacious. Love the warm taupe color with black top.

Wish radio code were easier to re-set; I miss my music and BMW doesn't seem to care much. Floor mat rug slides around under driver's feet, annoying. Back windows are now more rigid and durable I hear.