1999 BMW Z3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Z3 model:
Individual style flawless performance
By CT Car Nut on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

Z3's give a great modern interpretation of a classic roadster. We all know how they look so Iím not going to talk about that. With 70,000 miles of New England driving I can say I have had few problems. I bought my 2.3 from lease trade in. My dealer replaced the front control arms after I test drove the car. I noticed nothing wrong in the test drive so Iím not sure why they replaced them but I guess I can just be happy they did. The only other item was the air bag light came on at about 55,000 miles and to turn it off the seat belt receptacle needed to be replace for $400. The rest has been change oil and filers and brakes just normal maintenance

Wow...i like
By Silver w/blacktop on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Used to own a '97 2.3L Z3....this 2.8L is much better. The power behind this car is incredible, it's very fun to drive. The added roll bars provide better security. The seats are incredible: heated, holding capability, and comfort all rolled into one. Not very practical, but that's not its purpose. It's a very fun toy!

A Sportscar for the real world
By White-Z3 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

If you can and do push this car to it's limits on the street, you are driving the wrong car in the wrong place. If you want a car that looks great , makes you feel good every time you drive it,and has the comfort for a long trip,then this is the one. The inline six will pull strong in any gear so shifting is almost optional. The car stops - now - without being grabby. I have had no problems in 22k miles. We just drove the BlueRidge Parkway, I think the road was made for the Z3.

Good...not great..Handling BMW
By Z-Man on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.3 2dr Convertible

First, let me say, I love this car. It is fun to drive and handles very VERY well. However, bumps in the road will defintely throw this light (2900lb) vehicle. Outside of that and the cupholder being in a very odd place, the car is perfect. The engine sounds wonderful, the interior and exterior detailing is beautiful. The engine runs smooth as silk and corners very nicely. Oh, and if you must indulge in this car, do not forget to find one with heated seats!

Z3 coupe
By Max Sirotovsky on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Coupe

BEST CAR EVER MADE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST EVERYTHING.

your classic roadster
By polidata on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

loads of fun to drive, corners as if on rails, but can be a bit rough over road imperfections. has all the essential features of a classic roadster plus modern conveniences, automatic top operation, a/c etc. still draws the looks from everyone, works fine as an everyday car for most days (i don't take it out in the snow to avoid salty roads). you can even lock it with the top down due to its anti-theft device (location dependent of course) as all storage compartments can be locked independently. a perfect car for the young exec/professional seeking a significant other or for the empty nesters.

Drive One!!!!
By tim on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Very smooth, agile, and fast. I am glad I got the 2.8, worth the extra cash and the extra torque makes the difference. Still have not been able to break it loose, I will keep trying. This car is a keeper!

Drive One!!!!
By Tim on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

beats up on boxters
By ronnielaguna on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Coupe

Handling is amazing, i corner it as hard as possible and the tires just won't break lose, freeway ramps feel like astronaut training. The unusual styling grabs to much attention at times it seems almost everyday someone asks "what is that" Some people just rave about it others just don't get it. I'm going to make some modifications, new chip, exhaust and intake and take it to the next level.

Little Red Z
By hogurt on 03/09/02 17:46 PM (PST)

1999 BMW Z3 2.8 2dr Convertible

Fun car. If you are taller than 6'3, it's a little tight.