2007 BMW M6 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V10 7-speed Automated Manual - (7 reviews )
It *IS* my everyday car
By matomizer on 06/14/11 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

This is my everyday car, except for my wife's minivan which I don't really drive. I love love love this car. I bought it used a year and a half ago and it has never ceased to amaze me every time I get behind the wheel. I don't mind the smg. I just shift it how I want anyway and go back and forth between auto and manual. I played around with the shift points until I just finally left it on default. I love being able to just BE where I want to be in traffic without thinking. BMW was faithful to the spirit of man when they built this car.

A track car, not for every day use
By nyfo on 06/01/11 13:33 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Speed, engine sound, interior, exterior - awesome! That's why I bought it.. But SMG... Yes, you can adopt, learn how to drive it smoothly. But if you have to "adopt" every time you drive it - it becomes a pain. Took it on the track - INCREDIBLE power, handling in M mode, everything. But driving it every day - SMG kills it all. Hopefully they will put a new "double clutch" on it I have on my Z4 now. That would make this car an absolute dream!

BMW M6 Coupe
By Terry on 12/10/09 14:00 PM (PST)

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I ordered this vehicle new in 2007. The car is everything I expected. My M6 averages 24.4 mpg highway at 80 mph. Much better the the 4.4 X5 Sport that gets 18.4 highway. The M6 has the styling, power and performance that is advertised. I would recommend the vehicle.

M6 has looks, style, speed, comfort
By Terry on 10/27/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Yes I ordered and waited for my M6 coupe to arrive. After the 1200 mile break-in to get the additional 100HP the fun begins. Launch control is awesome! Yes, I said launch control. Your BMW dealership generally does not tell you about this hidden feature that launches you from a stop right into the future. You can experience all 505HP and accelerate from 0-60 in no time. Quite the rush! The M6 gets respect on the highway and all the looks in the city. Another great vehicle from the BMW family.

My White 2006 M6 Coupe
By EricB_M607 on 08/22/07 18:28 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

I traded up from a Yellow M3. Everyone had to look at that car whether it was in awe or disgust. However, until I got my M6, never has a member of the opposite sex flirted with me from their car. It has happened 5 times since July 15th. This car turns heads who see it. Moreover it turns heads of people who hear it going by. The acceleration over 90 MPH is insane, and it feels like 0-100 mph is only 6.2. Would prefer if it had more distinctive flare like my M3. It does not even have a raised hood. When you sit down in it and turn it on, and it rumbles into place, there is not much better a feeling to a driving person on Earth. If you are looking at Porsche turbo, drive this car too!

Superb Alll Rounder
By RAF on 04/24/07 15:35 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

Great GT because it can do 95% of what a pure sports car can do on a track. On the road no sports car will leave the M6 behind. Furthermore it is very comfortable, well made and huge fun. iDrive is easy, and SMG faultless. What is the problem with all you testers. If you need help in learning how to drive SMG smoothly let me know. I'll gladly show you!

Great but Picked On Car.
By kimchimofo on 03/31/07 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW M6 Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.0L 10cyl 7AM)

The fact that this car is so hotly debated in most forums suggests that it's controversial. There are many people who love it and hate it. It's fast, fun to drive, and comfortable. And is very innovative in creature comforts, build quality, engineering, and performance. Some might complain that the car is too heavy or has a bad transmission, my advice is if you don't like it don't buy it. For those who do love this car, shop around... and if you buy one it'll deliver a great (but possibly the ultimate) driving experience time and time again and will turns heads wherever you go.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.