2003 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
7 series is great!
By sharpe411 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just leased a 745i and the interior of this car is like nothing I have ever seen. Although the exterior takes a little getting used to, the car is an amazing ride. The fuel economy is somewhat of a problem as every time I fill the tank it costs me $50. However, overall,this car is great

Concerned over interior.
By JJR919 on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 735I in grey insisde has problems with the plastic trim on the doors. The color peeled of for no aparent reason. I recomend any new buyer to pay for the extra special fornt seats. The standard seats are not as comfortable and the hight of the head rest cannot be regulated at will. The car drives beautiful even at very high speeds 120mph+. However, I nted it has a tendency to skid in very tight curves, the type you found in European mountains.

The Ultimate Batmobile
By pistorp on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just a really great travel car. We drive 700 miles with our 3-year old son and we are not even tired. Incredible performance, a greaty interior and so many super gadgets, I think it's my best car ever

By Thomas Wartenberg on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great handling car, but much too complicated to drive. I have had several near accidents trying to use the seat adjusments, nav suuystem, etc. It's going to be traded for an A 8, ASAP

Problems, less than 30 days into car
By mochamix on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The "rankings" they ask for do not allow for functional problems to be addressed. I have had this car for less than 30 days and I already have a message telling me that the restraint system (of all things, safety) isn't working! Air bags and seat belts... While it is a pleasure to drive this car in general and all "expected", it is only the ultimate HANDLING vehicle, not the ultimate DRIVING vehicle as it has nothing on driving a cadillac down the coast as far as comfort goes...BMW should take note of how cadillac masters luxury DRIVING especially at the price they are asking for the 745s.

this car is ahead of its time
By All M on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car is not for the simple minded person. this car made me injoy driving like when I was in my teens.

nice beamer
By Daniel Edrei on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a luxury sedan that thinks it's a two seater italian job. Handles like a dream. The only indication you will feel that you are turning a hairpin at 60 is your hair flipping sides. Pick up like a jet liner. Super high tech in the most ergonomical fashion imaginable. The manual clutchless transmission on I had a 740 before my 'quarter-to- eight' and it doesn't even remotely compare. Did I mention I'm impressed.

Ultimate Paradox
By Steveh on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is a dream to drive . The workmanship on the car is definitely substandard and the electronics are woeful. Every repair has either been completely ineffective in remedying my problem or has created some new problem the dealer can't figure out. Strongly recommend anyone thinking about purchasing this car get detailed information about the dealership(s) srevice department, since you'll be spending quite a bit of time there. I live in an area with only one BMW dealer in a 100 mild radius and the service department has been incompetent and as user unfriendly as the car.

Big car that drives like a sports car...
By lc18_58 on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The engine is simply amazing. Power on the freeway is effortless. Sometimes I can't even tell that I'm going 85-90! Because it's very easy to go fast. I have a 45 minute comute to work and I use to hate it, BEFORE I bought this car. It has brought the FUN back into driving for me. The logic 7 sound system is a must, you won't regret it. The ventilated seats is an great feature, since it's now impossible to sweat on the leather anymore. And the exterior styling is very noticable. Believe me, this car turns a lot of heads. Yes, BMW was right... it is truly the ULTIMATE driving machine!

A good car.
By googie on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series 745i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a very nice car. It has an incredible drive! Has a few little bugs, it seems BMW has not quite gotten everything sorted out but overall is a real gem. Beats the S500 and Lexus 400 completely.