2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Looks Can Be Deceiving.
By SportyDave on 07/20/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This seems like a brilliant car, the interior is sumptuous with a gorgeous dashboard (especially when the navigation is on). Ride is smooth, and engine just purrs. Every angle of this car grabs attention. However, the reliability is abysmal! This car has been in the shop so many times, I eventually just sold it. Glitches in interior parts (too many motors and unnecessary gizmos prone to go bad over time) just added to the gamut of problems. This car is atrocious in the winter or any slick conditions. The fat rear tires get no traction, and on subject, tires they DO sell are outrageously expensive. $400 a tire! And they barely make 10k miles. In fact, most parts for this car are absurd.

Truly comfort and true luxury
By Pat on 12/25/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I chose this car because we needed a full size sedan that could comfortably fit 1-2 car seats and 2 adults with comfort. Believe it or not it is hard to find a car that can accomplish that and still maintain comfort for everyone. This car does it all. We had to get the Li for the space. This car is loaded with all kinds of gadgets and toys that I love to play with. After spending time with the iDrive, it's really not that bad, you just have to get used to it. My wife loves it for the space and the trunk is huge! Can you tell that I am rating this as a family man? Great family vehicle.

Best of the Best
By Unique on 04/06/06 05:25 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle to have and fantastic. This car beats every other car in style, luxury, looks, options and so on. Extended warranty by BMW up to 6 years or 100,000 miles is great to have, which covers everything from maintenance to replacing bulbs for free of charge.

Driving my 745Li
By betty on 03/03/06 10:18 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The driving of this vehicle is smooth, sound and fast. the turning power of sharp turns is incredible and the brake system allows you to stop on a dime. The extra large rear is great for passengers, who can extend their legs and feel comfortable. The drawback, too many bells and whistles. Give me a radio that I can operate like the less expensive cars. The navigation system is definetly a no-no, hard to operate, In the time it takes to set your destination you can call a friend to give you directions,which is less nerve wracking and quicker. Improvement needed on this issue. The car is great otherwise.

PIERO ORIOLO
By 4 dr 745 li on 02/05/06 18:24 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm a driver, I love cars, and I love quality and performance, this is one of the best sedan that i had, has better performance, excellent comfort, beautiful seats, holds road in curve. The only thing, I would like more space for cup holder, better navigation system, and definitely move the stick shift back to the console. I like the 0 maintenance.

Owner review
By Richard on 01/26/06 07:43 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Imagine on a 36 month lease, shop time in excess of 45 days! One and half months out of 36! Three days to "re- program" the computer, replacement parts always available, but not the same day. Two repairs to the trunk lid, an engine hood that doesn't stay open. This was my second 7 series car and a total disappointment relative to reliability. After the dealership initiated a daily rate for a loaner car I chose to take my business elsewhere. Imagine paying for a loaner for the second repair to a warrantee covered item - on a car in this price range.

Never again
By NEVER AGAIN on 06/08/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Each required visit to the dealer for repair results in having to return to have at least 2 additional items corrected. Idiot drive aside, safety issues are of primary concern. 4 months for BMW to figure out they had to replace the modual that controls the remote key (Plastic emergency key required to open a $85,000 car). Intermitant operation of headlights and tail lights. Engine goes into idle mode at the slightest touch of break pedal. I thought the 2000 S-430 was trouble prone but would gladly trade back. The 745LI is my wifes car which I have limited her use to daylight driving only. For security reasons, she drives our Expedition or Town car when venturing out after dark.

fantastic vehicle
By g peters on 03/24/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this 2003 745LI for $52,500 and it was a steal. I felt like I was robbing the dealership. I love this car and baby it to the utmost. (car cover) I spent $43 on my first fill-up that will certainly cure my speed demons. Great vehicle and I couldn't be happier!

Worst car EVER!
By R. Fata on 11/08/04 09:52 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 5th BMW and my last! The car is in the shop all the time. The company will not even try to help. The interior design is all wrong. The idrive is the worst crap ever. They need to put the shifter back where it belongs. If they wanted the idrive to work they should make it a touch screen. Lexus has a better system. I have never sat in such uncomfortable seats in all of my life. Racing cars have a more comfortable seats. There is nothing good to say about this car. I know 34 people with this car only 3 like it, 2 can stand it, and the rest HATE it like me! This BMW is not a car to walk away from, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW 745Li 2003
By TPratt1 on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bar none, the 745L is the best luxury car on the road today. Closest thing to flying a jet while staying on the ground. All the technology anyone could ever use or want. Performance oriented in just about every aspect. A fine car in a great longstanding dynasty of many cars. Luxury and handling in perfect combination. Great job Germany.