Used 2003 BMW 7 Series 745Li Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

Looks Can Be Deceiving.
By SportyDave

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This seems like a brilliant car, the interior is sumptuous with a gorgeous dashboard (especially when the navigation is on). Ride is smooth, and engine just purrs. Every angle of this car grabs attention. However, the reliability is abysmal! This car has been in the shop so many times, I eventually just sold it. Glitches in interior parts (too many motors and unnecessary gizmos prone to go bad over time) just added to the gamut of problems. This car is atrocious in the winter or any slick conditions. The fat rear tires get no traction, and on subject, tires they DO sell are outrageously expensive. $400 a tire! And they barely make 10k miles. In fact, most parts for this car are absurd.

Favorite Features

Styling, engine noises, roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability is horrendous, parts are ridiculously priced, "snotty person" look to which others on the road react negatively. The car depreciates like a boulder falling off a cliff.

Truly comfort and true luxury
By Pat

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My wife and I chose this car because we needed a full size sedan that could comfortably fit 1-2 car seats and 2 adults with comfort. Believe it or not it is hard to find a car that can accomplish that and still maintain comfort for everyone. This car does it all. We had to get the Li for the space. This car is loaded with all kinds of gadgets and toys that I love to play with. After spending time with the iDrive, it's really not that bad, you just have to get used to it. My wife loves it for the space and the trunk is huge! Can you tell that I am rating this as a family man? Great family vehicle.

Favorite Features

The space that the Li provides interiorly and in the trunk. Great gadgets! I love those seat massagers too!

Best of the Best
By Unique

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle to have and fantastic. This car beats every other car in style, luxury, looks, options and so on. Extended warranty by BMW up to 6 years or 100,000 miles is great to have, which covers everything from maintenance to replacing bulbs for free of charge.

Favorite Features

I like all the packages/options available for this vehicle and its great.

Suggested Improvements

None...

Driving my 745Li
By betty

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The driving of this vehicle is smooth, sound and fast. the turning power of sharp turns is incredible and the brake system allows you to stop on a dime. The extra large rear is great for passengers, who can extend their legs and feel comfortable. The drawback, too many bells and whistles. Give me a radio that I can operate like the less expensive cars. The navigation system is definetly a no-no, hard to operate, In the time it takes to set your destination you can call a friend to give you directions,which is less nerve wracking and quicker. Improvement needed on this issue. The car is great otherwise.

PIERO ORIOLO
By 4 dr 745 li

2003 BMW 7 Series Sedan 745Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I'm a driver, I love cars, and I love quality and performance, this is one of the best sedan that i had, has better performance, excellent comfort, beautiful seats, holds road in curve. The only thing, I would like more space for cup holder, better navigation system, and definitely move the stick shift back to the console. I like the 0 maintenance.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, back seats and middle console, the wide wheels, little lights on door handles, road handling.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holder room, move the stick shift back to the console.