Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to Drive, but quality problems
By Gus

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The second day I picked up my car it let me sit because of a sensor that shut the engine off. The door locks failed twice (BMW now has a fix for the problem). The fuel pump went at 35,000 miles. The sun roof was stuck open twice and they had to download new software to fix it. All this said, this is my third BMW and by far, the most fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and torque. Handling is very good. The all wheel drive is great.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality as stated above.

Great ride, but don't hit a pot hole!
By MCJ

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love driving the car (335 XI) on smooth surfaces. Previous car a 2002 525. When I test drove this car I was blown away. I guess I did not hit a pot hole for a couple months. The first one scared the hell out of me. Live in NJ and pot holes are a way of life. Very glad I got the tire and wheel insurance. Had to replace 5 tires in the first 35000 miles. Love the car, hate the tires. Would not get runflats again, even though I love the car. On 525 had to change a tire 2 x in 100000 miles. Being a male not a big deal. My fault but when I bought the car I did not even realize they were run flats. I had two friends who bought similar models and they were surprised also that there was no spare.

Favorite Features

Performance, ride, decent in the snow (better than the 525)

Suggested Improvements

No more run flats. Do not like the idea that the computer tells you when to do maintenance. Had oil change at 33000 miles. Now at 47000 and computer is saying next service is at 56000 in Feb 2011. Yeah right.

Fun, but horrible for rough roads
By MichaelC

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

So, this is a screamer. Everyone knows that. We've had a really bad experience, however. We've bent 7 wheels and replaced 4 tires due to impact damage. The problem? Well, we live in New England and our roads stink. Huge seams where the roads are being repaved are very common. I think maybe BMW didn't give the suspension enough travel or throw or whatever it's called because the shocks don't absorb the shocks on bad bumps and tire and wheel damage are frequent and hugely annoying. If you do buy this car in the North East (I would NOT), be sure to buy from a dealer that offers wheel insurance. Ours didn't. And for BMW, the lousy thing is, no way out. Can't get smaller wheels.

Favorite Features

Whoo doggies it's fast. Stops extremely well. Very nice mix of a purring kitten when you're going easy and a raging tiger when you gotta rage.

Suggested Improvements

Man, oh man. Please fix the suspension.

What a car!!
By Ryan

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought this car yesterday, and as you can guess, I'm writing a review today to tell about how great the car is. The performance on the vehicle is jaw dropping, the exterior styling is perfect and the technology on the vehicle is one the industry leaders. The bluetooth technology and voice command system are among the coolest features of the car. The idrive is a bit complicated, but I feel confident after a bit of use it will become second nature. Did I mention I love the 300 horses under the hood? Highly recommend.

Favorite Features

Engine, bluetooth technology, voice command system, 18 inch sport wheels, and exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders (albeit, I didn't purchase the car for cup holders - but better ones would be nice).

BMW - Solid Fun
By Marek

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

At first I was a little skeptical about purchasing a BMW as many reviews including consumer reports stated that the electronics fail often and overall reliability is not as high as other Japanese companies. However when I read about the 335 twin turbo engine I had to take a test drive. My first car was a 2001.5 1.8T Audi with a chip and exhaust. Loved the Audi but once I had 150K miles I sold it and got an Acura. I pledged never to get another non-AWD car again. The Acura was plain boring. Once I drove the 335xi it was obvious that this was a special car. I bought it the same day and traded in my Acura TL.

Favorite Features

Endless power, exterior and interior design and quality, sport suspension together with 18" wheels make for a stuck on rails type of ride.

Suggested Improvements

Spare tire as it doesn't have any due to run flats. Tire pressure monitor that actually tells you the tire pressure in each wheel.