2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun to Drive, but quality problems
By Gus on 08/14/10 05:03 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The second day I picked up my car it let me sit because of a sensor that shut the engine off. The door locks failed twice (BMW now has a fix for the problem). The fuel pump went at 35,000 miles. The sun roof was stuck open twice and they had to download new software to fix it. All this said, this is my third BMW and by far, the most fun to drive.

Great ride, but don't hit a pot hole!
By MCJ on 02/07/10 10:49 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Love driving the car (335 XI) on smooth surfaces. Previous car a 2002 525. When I test drove this car I was blown away. I guess I did not hit a pot hole for a couple months. The first one scared the hell out of me. Live in NJ and pot holes are a way of life. Very glad I got the tire and wheel insurance. Had to replace 5 tires in the first 35000 miles. Love the car, hate the tires. Would not get runflats again, even though I love the car. On 525 had to change a tire 2 x in 100000 miles. Being a male not a big deal. My fault but when I bought the car I did not even realize they were run flats. I had two friends who bought similar models and they were surprised also that there was no spare.

Fun, but horrible for rough roads
By MichaelC on 10/25/09 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

So, this is a screamer. Everyone knows that. We've had a really bad experience, however. We've bent 7 wheels and replaced 4 tires due to impact damage. The problem? Well, we live in New England and our roads stink. Huge seams where the roads are being repaved are very common. I think maybe BMW didn't give the suspension enough travel or throw or whatever it's called because the shocks don't absorb the shocks on bad bumps and tire and wheel damage are frequent and hugely annoying. If you do buy this car in the North East (I would NOT), be sure to buy from a dealer that offers wheel insurance. Ours didn't. And for BMW, the lousy thing is, no way out. Can't get smaller wheels.

What a car!!
By Ryan on 04/05/09 06:01 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought this car yesterday, and as you can guess, I'm writing a review today to tell about how great the car is. The performance on the vehicle is jaw dropping, the exterior styling is perfect and the technology on the vehicle is one the industry leaders. The bluetooth technology and voice command system are among the coolest features of the car. The idrive is a bit complicated, but I feel confident after a bit of use it will become second nature. Did I mention I love the 300 horses under the hood? Highly recommend.

BMW - Solid Fun
By Marek on 02/15/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

At first I was a little skeptical about purchasing a BMW as many reviews including consumer reports stated that the electronics fail often and overall reliability is not as high as other Japanese companies. However when I read about the 335 twin turbo engine I had to take a test drive. My first car was a 2001.5 1.8T Audi with a chip and exhaust. Loved the Audi but once I had 150K miles I sold it and got an Acura. I pledged never to get another non-AWD car again. The Acura was plain boring. Once I drove the 335xi it was obvious that this was a special car. I bought it the same day and traded in my Acura TL.

Overall dissapointing
By MN on 09/28/08 15:44 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Extremely slow steering for a bmw. It takes so much cranking of the wheel just to make a simple turn, and on top of that the effort is really heavy. And they don't offer active steering in xi models. The bridgestone runflats are joke. A fairly quick stop will make them slide. Starting from a stop is jarring. Press the gas in automatic mode and it will first pause for a while and then buck and jerk while it decides if it should continue in second gear or downshift to first. It goes through coolant and oil pretty quickly. Much faster than scheduled maintenance happens. Oh, and forget about spirited driving without sports package..there is NO seat bolstering whatsoever.

Twin turbo failure
By JEG on 09/22/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought 335XI with all the options, car has been a blast to drive, however in May 2008 my engine light came on took it to the dealership. Dealership had the car for 3 weeks after replacing both turbos and numerous other parts I got the car back but the mechanic did not know what caused the original failure. I started googling "335Xi twin turbo failures" there is a real problem with these cars overheating into limp mode especially cars that don't have oil coolers installed which mine did not I called BMW of North America 3 different times and got the same response, though I bought the 335XI with all options, since I had 17" instead of 18" wheels I was not eligible for the oil cooler kit

Love my car
By Gerald on 05/16/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my car 8 months, and done a few 12 hours road trips. Great car to drive, smooth, economical for the performance, fast and responsive. Generally a quiet and comfortable car, though the cabin noise above 100+ mph is a bit high - not sure if that's the tires, or that it's just our highways in the midwest really aren't built to be driven at that speed. Steptronic is nice, but occasional problem jerking when accelerating from a dead stop. Also tested an auto Infiniti G35x but no comparison. 26-27 mpg on highway, average about 19mpg but I drive a lot of start/stop in Chicago, and it's hard not to gun the engine!

Great Car, But...
By methodmadness on 02/19/08 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about a year and I've had little to complain about. The car is very fun to drive and very comfortable. However, the run flat tires are AWFUL and need to be replaced with regular tires. They make every bump a jarring experience, and make hitting minor potholes feel like you just got hit with a sledgehammer. They also seem to have some deleterious effect on high-speed cornering maneuvers.

Perfect 4-door sedan
By Craig on 02/18/08 08:21 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have about 5000 miles on this car. It is a dream to drive, and the ideal practical yet fun to drive sedan. I previously owned a '98 328i and this car is leaps and bounds better in every category. I was a little nervous about opting for automatic transmission this time, but I needn't have worried. With manual, sport, and "D" modes to choose from, and quick shifting, it is exceptionally competent and fun. It doesn't hurt that the massive torque is available at almost any RPM, so acceleration is strong in any gear. The run flat tires are a mixed bag--I like the safety feature but don't care for the harsher ride and potential expense to replace.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.