2008 BMW 1 Series Consumer Review: Year One of the 1

2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible - Consumer Review

Year One of the 1
By pstevenson32 on

2008 BMW 1 Series 128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 128. It is great fun to drive. It has more than enough power for a casual driver such as me. With its 6-speed transmission, it generally gets around 24-26 mpg in the city. I have always liked the looks of BMW. Now I get the look at a fairly decent price. The 128 is a luxury car without many frills. The interior has been pared of luxury to make space for roominess. Well for the people in front, anyway. It's still pretty much a 2-seater. Oddly, for a BMW, the interior is without many standards items I have grown used to over the years. Example: The 128 is curiously without a functional cupholder. The only working cupholder is directly behind the shifter. I still love it.

I live and drive this car in Germany, where I get passed on the Autobahn by SMART-car-sized cars doing 85. It holds its own here.

Functional cupholders for pete's sake. (That is a pretty small thing to gripe about, tho'.)