2004 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Review: 2004 Audi Allroad - Super Car

2004 Audi allroad quattro - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

2004 Audi Allroad - Super Car 2.7 V6 Biturbo
By stevoid123 on

2004 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car used from a dealer in Rockland Ontario. It's a 2004 Allroad 2.7 V6 5-spd automatc. I was able to find the Audi dealer in Montreal who serviced the car and obtained all the service records from Audi. There was a 50$ service charge but well worth it. The previous owner's name was blacked out but all details were there indicating full professional service and verifying the mileage. After a few weeks I had to replace 2 front upper control arms and fix a transmission oil leak. After 18 months I decided to upgrade the air suspension.

Super car - fast - excellent handling - especially at level one - comfortable - very good looking - excellent for 4 adults - even 5 sometimes. Great combination of practicality and luxury. Memory (2-tone leather) seats and mirrors are vey useful on long journeys with frequent driver switches. The rear seats have heaters and a separate A/C outlet as well as personal overhead lights. The windows have roll down sun shades. The back seat has a roll-up dog screen! The RHS mirror dip when parallel parking. What a package of useful features!

I figured after 8 yrs and 92000 km eventually the air suspension would start to sag. I got Arnott aftermarket air springs and a new air compressor (also from Arnott) and fitted them to the car. Ride is exactly the same but now I have real confidence in the air suspension. The key leaky spots in the air suspension are the 2 O-rings in each air spring. Having all new O-rings is re-assuring. The spare sucks! It's an inflatable with a supplied compressor. I'd rather have a full size spare as we have in our other Audi, an A4.