2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Cool Car
By CH on 05/18/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car, I don't like the material used on the grill and trunk as the finish is already tarnishing after 2 months. I don't like rust on brake drums as well. Gas mileage needs improving. Other than that, great car!!

Too bad...not enough comfort
By neilman on 05/16/09 06:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Tested both base and SH-AWD. Would have been a great car to buy...but base model seats are too hard, could feel pressure in the lumbar area. SH-AWD ride is too firm...lots of noise driving over reflectors on the road etc. Lots of reviews from extensive research say ride is too firm for a luxury car. Also, unfortunately...armrests are decorative and not functional...just leather covering over a hard surface. Comfort is important to me...resting my elbows on hard surfaces while driving does not work well. Too bad...most manufacturers do not think of this, even Lexus. American cars are much better on comfort...been driving GM for 20 years. Although the 09 Maxima does offer great comfort.

2009 Acura TL 3.5
By bernard edwards on 05/11/09 20:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up our Acura tl Saturday May the 9th 2009 and we were extremely impressed with what a beauty it was, and when we saw it sitting there all cleaned up I fell in love right there. We have 575 miles on the car, and 530 miles was on the first tank of gas, and I was getting over 26 miles per gallion. Love styling, high quality, ride is firm but very planted, great sound system, polished metal exterior, what a class act and love the paddle shifters and dealer will install rear spoiler Tuesday to really set off the beautiful rear of the car, also love the exhaust tips as they look awsome. Manual way too thick and confusing, roomy rear seat, big trunk, and we just love the sleek hunkered down look.

Questioning My Decision
By Slack on 05/10/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2009 TL SH-AWD/TECH last week. I love the design and the gadgets, but I am really disappointed in the constant rattling each time I hit a bump. It sounds cheap and drives me crazy. I found out after purchase that this has been an issue with Honda/Acura cars for a while. As much as I like it, I am seriously considering selling the car if the dealer can't fix this. The ride, in general, is a little harder than I like.

Outstanding
By Golfer on 05/08/09 09:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

And I wanted a CTS but my wife said no- glad I listened to her. This is my second Acura (MDX previously) after many years in GM vehicles. This vehicle has it all, styling both exterior and interior, good mpg, tech package is user friendly, great sound system and a hard drive to record your favorite music both from CD's and the XM Radio.

Grows on me like a good wine
By Bob A on 05/03/09 17:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a pearl white 2009 TL with the Tech package. I owned 3 Audi A4's previously and loved them but felt the 2009 price for the A4 and BMW 335 was becoming an issue. This car is very well built and has very good road manners. It grows on me every day and I have no regrets about my decision to buy a TL. I was taken back by the size of the car at first, but now it is second nature and I appreciate the room. It may not be completely as crisp to drive as a BMW or Audi, but in many ways it feels better and is very solid. It is a pleasure to drive and to own! I upgraded to the stock SHAWD 18" wheels and highly suggest you do the same..really enhances road handling and appearance.

Overall, a good car
By carreviewman on 05/02/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2009 Acura TL w/Tech Package. We were either going buy the TL or a Mercedes Benz E350. We chose the TL because the Technology was way more advanced. However, it is not the perfect car. But out of all the cars I have owned, this the best so far.

Good but not great
By rickpoole on 04/23/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving 3 different 2009 TLs w/Tech while my 2007 TL was in the shop I found it was improved in many areas but took a few steps backwards that would keep me from trading my 2007 TL for a new 2009 TL - not worth the price difference. Main issues was worse city mileage; 09 ratings are supposed to be fairly accurate, 07 ratings were high by 10-20%. Both were rated at 18. Driving my 07 conservatively I can get 19-20, driving the 09 the same way only got 16-17.

First impression
By Crystal River John on 04/17/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up car at dealer today. 75 mile drive back home convinced me that I had purchased a fun car!! Plenty of power at any speed, and very quiet on road. We had a mix of city and interstate driving, so car got a minor testing... it passed!!

Bigger Bang for your Buck!
By LOVIN MY TL on 04/16/09 20:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My boyfriend tried getting me into the Cadillac CTS like his. I was not having it. After looking at Audi which I have wanted forever. I happened to pass by the Acura dealer. I wasn't crazy about the service we received at the dealership initially, but had to go back to see if the 2nd time would be a charm and it was - the car sold itself. I have a little boy in a booster seat, there is plenty of room and we all fit comfortably. I love my TL. BIGGER BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in VA is:

$135 per month*