Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Perfect out of the box!!
By neilman

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome style, fun to drive - especially the AWD. Ride is firm but not rough at all. Interior is super quiet while on freeway etc. Awesome build quality, drives perfect...and may be the first vehicle I have purchased which will not require a re-visit to the dealer for any mechanical, balancing, alignment, etc. Every other car I have purchased in the last 20 years had to be taken back...Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, GM. Love it, love it, love it. Awesome in black!!

AWD, perfect steering, super fast acceleration, solid build quality, interior and exterior styling, sporty but not rough ride. Beats all other vehicles tested in my opinion including G37. Sound system is top notch. All the tech toys included!

Add rain sensing wipers.

Not sorry I made the choice
By Zoot

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from a Volvo S80 that was 8 years old. The car is a great ride, very responsive. Glued to the road on turns. Love all the technology. And while I know that previous TL owners by and large hate the styling...I'm good with it. From the side I think it's awesome. I've waited 5 months to put this review up...I have no real complaints except the ride is a bit firm for my tastes after the Volvo and I'd expect better than 22mpg these days...

NAV system, MP3 hookup, Hard Drive, rear camera, keyless entry/start, AWD.

Soften the ride a little...feel too many cracks in the pavement. Better fuel economy. Don't require premium fuel. Rain sensing wipers.

Best Value For The Money
By msaltzer

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my new TL w/ Tech for almost 3 weeks and I have to say that I am really enjoying this car. I was leasing a 2006 Infiniti G35x and was contemplating a new one. After driving the new TL I was no longer interested in the G. The TL has a new exterior design that turns heads. The interior of the TL blows the Infiniti away. Everything feels solid and of very high quality. I have also been getting better gas mileage than I got in my old G35x. There is no other car in this price range that gives you the quality and the amenities found in the TL.

440 Watt 10 speaker surround sound stereo, Bluetooth connectivity, 12 gigabyte hard disk drive, push button start, smooth yet sporty ride, rear backup camera.

Rain sensing wipers, power adjustment for the steering wheel and steering column.

Most Powerful Acura
By Julius L. S. Penn

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The SH-AWD model is not a car...it's an automobile. The seats hug your body. The steering wheel grips your hands. The sound system is an on-demand DJ. And the power is to be compared to a 200 meter sprinter...not super fast... but fast. But, the coolest thing about the car is its smarts. My wife keeps her key in her bag. She attempted to put her bag with the key in the trunk and the car beeped and popped back open the truck. Oh yes, I am most certainly enjoying my 2009 TL SH-AWD. :)

The sound system. It has so many options to play music (Hard Drive, USB for (IPOD/MP3/flash drive), XM, FM, AM). It's a personal DJ. I never have to worry on the trips when I need to hear some good music. :)

If I had to improve I would make the automatic a 6 speed.

Nice car
By diane

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an Infiniti M35x and wanted a cheaper monthly payment without sacrificing the luxury. Looked at BMW 3 and Volkswagen CC. BMW was too expensive and everything was extra and VW was a little too small. The TL had everything I wanted standard (heated seats, sunroof and bluetooth). Dealer added the decklid spoiler for free. Engine is powerful and seats are comfortable. A little more road noise comes in than I would have liked. Dash layout is nice, looks modern and sporty. Steering is nice and tight. Fuel economy is great (22+) considering I averaged 14 mpg with the M35. I like the ipod connectivity. Good sounding stereo. I like this car a lot.

Exterior looks (getting used to the grill), ipod connectivity, comfortable seats, heated seats, bluetooth, dash layout and fuel economy.

Bigger wheels!! Make shifter knob a push in instead of pull up (weird thing), make push button start with no key standard (you can get a nissan with this, c'mon Acura!), flat trunk floor, make sun visors thicker (my daughter's Ford Taurus had nicer visors!), less road noise.