2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Fun car to drive
By bronzeacura on 12/16/08 07:09 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Acura for three weeks now. I am a little disappointed, because I had to take it back to the dealer for a problem with the rear passenger door. A sensor is not working properly and causing the alarm go off. Otherwise, this car is a lot fun. The technology is second to none. No other car offers the same package of technology. This car is much smoother and better built than the 2006 model which I had owned for three years. My only regret is not getting the AWD.

2009 TL-tech
By JeffXP on 12/14/08 17:10 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As soon as you start to initiate a corner the suspension grabs the road feeling even more secure; I don't know how they accomplished this and I wish I had a picture to show you the linkage near the rear tires. There's days I like to slumber home and the new TL coddles you home. Put the gear shifter into sport mode using the paddle shifters and the suspension seems to tighten up (I wonder if it has to do with the transmission either advancing the vehicle or slowing the car down when you let off the accelerator) when you want to race around, nice. Ipod, flash and hard drive integration are easy to use and once you get used to them you wonder how you lived without them.

First Time TL Owner
By Randy S on 12/04/08 10:29 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Hondas in the past and upgraded to the TL. Love the car. Lot of tech w/voice controls, XM radio, etc. Holds the road well, good acceleration and getting 27 mpg on the highway commute with about 600 miles on the car. My only complaint is the seat is very stiff and will probably prove tiring on a long trip.

Bold
By Bold on 11/30/08 13:21 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I compared the RL with the TL and there is no comparison. The TL has a better drive, better gas mileage, more pickup and cost $5,000 less. I was surprised that the two models are about the same size. The AWD is great in the snow. I previously had a BMW 750 and am not disappointed. It takes time to learn how to use all the features.

What's not to love?
By OldBarr on 11/27/08 20:33 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Its my 3rd Acura and my favorite by far. I wasn't sure about the rotating wheel on the navigation system at first but now that I have driven it for a few weeks, I have completely changed my mind. No more glare on the screen, it almost looks high def. I looked at other cars (infinity G35, Honda Accord and Nissan Maxima) just to see how it compared and I think I got the best car for my money. Its luxurious in the inside and and the tech package makes a tech freak like me very very happy.

New TL owner
By Zman on 11/15/08 21:14 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My last three cars now have been Acuras, an 04TL and a 06RL. I've been waiting for the 09 all summer. The wait was well worth it. Having driven the SHAWD RL, I wish I didn't have to sacrifice that option for the tech package but I wanted the audio upgrade more. I am very happy. The car handles great with a nice feel for the road. Plenty of power with a luxury interior. The audio and nav system is great. Big improvement over the 06RL.This car is really a cross between the TL and RL. I realize there are many choices out there for $40K. But for my money the 09 TL Tech fills my needs quite well. One more thing, just get in it and drive. Don't worry about all the tech stuff, settings, etc., figure out later.

SH-AWD TL is a monster
By SDGates on 11/13/08 19:30 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This week I drove the first new TL SH-AWD off the lot here in NYC and this car is nothing short of an absolute black top carving rocket. I drove the front wheel drive model which was nice but can't hold a candle to the power and handling of the SH-AWD version. The tight power and control carves through turns and is every bit the powerful car Acura has ever built. The Tech package give you everything you could need from a fast, clear nav system with tons of features, iPhone integration including music and phonebook. I owned a TL from the previous generation and this new version improves on everything that I didn't like about the old version and the SH-AWD makes it into the car I always wanted.

Class Value Leader!
By TLDeac on 11/04/08 11:51 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having driven many competitive vehicles (bmw, lexus, audi, cadillac, infiniti, etc), the value of the 2009 TL is simply in a class of its own. With excellent power, a very comfortable ride, and an amazing tech package, this car has been a blast to own. Also, after a couple of 600 mile road trips, I am averaging 28 mpg highway and around 20 mpg in the city. Outstanding fuel economy for a car this powerful. I do miss having a RWD powertrain, but Acura has mostly eliminated the torque steer from their previous efforts, and I am sure the fwd helps with fuel economy. A little more body roll than I want, but a comparable 5 series bmw that offers better cornering was 15K+.

Gimme More!
By frankrizzo on 11/01/08 10:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say, 4th Acura and it gets better every time. I didn't like the grille at 1st, but I had it painted to match the body color and its a lot better. Walks away from the competition in every aspect!

Honda engineering = Peace of mind!
By japruss paddington on 10/30/08 16:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A few weeks ago I purchased this 2009 Acura TL and absolutely love it! This Acura TL is super quiet, super smooth super fast and super solid. It tracks like a locomotive and never loses its composer. I traded a 2008 Lexus ES350 for this Acura and I am very proud of my decision. The Lexus felt cheap and sloppy when compared to this Acura TL. This is the best choice I made!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in VA is:

$135 per month*