2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Coming back to Acura
By Anthony on 07/30/10 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not a sports car. It's a sedan that accelerates fast, comfortable and quiet to ride in. Having driven the 330i, decided it's no longer for my taste; the BMW demanded my attention at all times. One wrong move and the kidney grills head into the wrong lane. TL is more forgiving for daily driving. It just depends on what you want. My goal with the current purchase was fast, quiet and comfortable, plus solid reliability to boot. Styling is purely subjective, so say what you will about the TL styling, it's just an opinion and preference. Build quality is excellent compared to my previous cars, Lexus IS250, BMW 330i and 525i.

Not Boring
By Mile high on 06/20/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can say that this is the first car I have ever purchased that I love. Great styling (not boring). Very quick, sweet interior with plenty of room, I am 6'4" and have no problem fitting in the front or back. Decent gas mileage for the power you get. Yes a Honda Accord V6 may be similar but they are a totally different car. Drove the Accord and found it boring (every family has one). Get looks in this car all the time. This car looks like a $50,000.00 vehicle. Great value for the price compared to BMW, Lexus, Nissan Maxium, Audi, Mercedes. If you want a car that will have style and is reliable and a fun drive that not everyone on the block has this is the car for you.

Nice change
By catcher10us on 06/09/10 05:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just turned in my '08 TL and leased a new '10 TL. What a difference. The "08 looked great but was uncomfortable and not a fun drive. The '10 is like night and day. Very plush inside, ride is great and seems like its more powerful and smooth. The steering feels a bit loose in the '10 and it doesn't handle as tightly as the '08 but so far overall much more comfortable to be in. Acura quality is evident everywhere. Not crazy about the styling but with the right color choice its more than fine. Good deal on the new lease as well.

2009 acura tl
By bernard edwards on 05/14/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am on my second year with my tl, and I as very impressed with the quality, and the smooth 3.5 engine and I am not that impressed with the manual auto shifter, as sometimes the transmission shifts two times, and this car should have a six speed manual available instead of making you buy the over 40,000 dollar all wheel drive with the technology package, and the six speed should be available in the tsx also as it has the same engine that the tl has as a option, and this five speed just is not a good fit as it holds the engine back, and we love this car, and we drove a mdx for a few days, and now this is a real car, as this car really sounds so good with the 3.7 engine singing with a big smooth burst.

nice car
By galil71 on 02/25/10 22:08 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. For a FWD vehicle, wheels torque is minimal. One of the reason I choose this car is that most features are standard. The steering is not fast, but in normal driving I don't even realize it. The TL doesn't offer sport package, however; standard tires give sporty feel and keep the car very stable.

Great Car - Great Value
By Jim Matheson on 11/12/09 19:25 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This segment is filled with excellent vehicles, but the TL stands out based on its long list of standard features and reasonable price. Mine is the base model, which is just as quick as the AWD due to its lighter weight and gets better mileage to boot. I agree the front grille is not Acura's best work, but I found a replacement in the aftermarket which is a huge improvement. While not a true sports sedan, the car handles well for its size and intended use and the motor is a jewel - smooth and powerful. Acura builds a quality automobile and I have found the resale values to be excellent. Guess that's why I have owned 22 of them so far...

Nice Car
By Adam B on 09/14/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Although the exterior of this styling seems a bit awkward, the first time one of them drive past me on the freeway, I was hooked. It's angular styling is actually quite brilliant. I purchased one for my wife in the pearl white color and we get nothing but compliments. The ride is pleasant and the engine has plenty of power for entertaining launches onto freeways and long jaunts to LA. In fact, the day after I bought it, I put over 400 miles on it driving to southern California and it was excellent. I also have a loaded Honda Accord, and I'll admit that I used to think Acura TL's were just a dressed-up Accord. But I am a believer now that the Acura is a much nicer car, even in standard trim.

TL=FUN
By John on 09/10/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got the car. Tried to buy a Genesis first, but could not get right with the dealer. Glad he wouldn't bargain. TL is like a sports car, lots of fun to drive. Great handling and performance. Only drawback is interior space.

Great Value
By Doc6633 on 07/24/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to other cars that I drove in several different classes this car gave me the most bang for the buck. The space that the car provides and quality of all the finishes compared to other cars at its price point is superior.

Loving my new TL!!!
By NicoleinFL on 07/17/09 07:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay...At first I didn't like the styling of the new TL. But I have to admit it has grown on me. I love the sexy shape, the way it handles, and the well designed interior. Before purchasing the TL, I test drove the Lexus IS 250 and the BMW 325I. The IS was too slow (4cyl engine in a 35K dollar vehicle??) and the BMW didn't offer much in terms of standard equipment. I basically chose the TL as I felt I got more bang for my buck. And we all know Acura makes quality vehicles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in VA is:

$135 per month*