2008 Acura TL Consumer Review: Discreet Hot-Rod

2008 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Discreet Hot-Rod
By Bruce on

2008 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Almost 2 months of ownership, 1500 miles and I'm still in love. I was going to purchase the '08 335i (drove sedan/coupe) - as a fluke (just happened to be at the dealership with a friend) I drove the TL Type S and bought the car the next day (no comparison to the BMW). The growl of the quad exhaust is hot. The car looks a bit demure but hit the gas and watch out! Everyone loves it. As most here, I also got the Carbon Bronze Pearl and think that color suits the darker rims very well. I'm very glad I decided to take a test drive that day. I also drove the car with an auto transmission and like the automatic better (the second auto I've ever owned).

Everything - automatic lights, voice activation for controls and navi, LED tail/mirror lights, quad exhaust, acceleration, braking is amazing, bluetooth, red ambient lighting, luxury detailing, one-touch features . . . did I name everything? :)

Better gas mileage. If you push the car hard you will notice some torque steer. It doesn't take hard curves as well as my Honda did, but this is a much bigger car. Center armrest could be higher. By far the Type S is the best/hottest car I've ever owned (incl a BMW).