Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 180 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

1 For the money$$
By KJV from GA

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had an 01 CL and traded in for a comfortable 4 door in August. Went for the more affordable Honda Accord EXL V-6 and couldn't get past what I loved about the Acura's performance, handling, craftmanship. Very easy to go from Honda to Acura, not easy to go from Acura to Honda. I'm hooked. Went to Acura, and traded the 07 Accord for the 07 TL-Type S and don't understand what I was thinking in August!

Navigation, smooth, quiet ride, blue tooth, paddle shifters and braking is amazingly nice. I-pod connection and one touch sun-roof! 4 exhaust pipes is such a great look from the back!

just better gas mileage but at least the car makes burning gas fun!

Sporty Sedan
By Ed

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving a number of sedans, I chose the TL over the Infiniti G35X. The TL is roomier and has a sporty ride with tight handling. (I loved the growling exhaust of the G35X but my wife thought it was too noisy. Oh well.) So far I haven't experienced any rattling and cabin noise which is a common complaint. I'm 6'3" and have trouble positioning the seat and steering wheel for optimal comfort. My hands and arms get sore on long trips. I'm clearly biased toward the Acura. This is the third Acura I've owned. I traded in a 1990 Legend. I hope to keep the '07 TL for many years as well.

Great acceleration even when cruising at 60 - 60 MPH. Smooth shifting. Under normal conditions, shifting is undetectable.

Telescoping steering wheel. Keyless lock and ignition.

Bang for the Buck
By Acura TL

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great. I had a 2006 BMW 5 series and this car great compared to it's rivals. The interior has a very specious more room . The music system and navi is top of the line and the seats are very comfortable. Belive me this car is very fun to drive.

Voice activated GPS, audio controls, temp control and many more to say.

I would say make it more better by eliminating all the squeaks and rattles

Review of 2007 TL Type S
By WarriorZeroSix

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After one month of ownership, all is fantastic! Amazing automobile with no issues to this point. Taking some time to learn all of the system(s) capabilities, but WOW! Gas mileage is getting better with each mile.

Navigation system, Hands Free Link to cell phone and BlackBerry, power and style of this automobile.

Initial gas mileage was a concern, but after the first tank full, mileage is getting better and better. Last tank averaged, 27.6 mpg's.

Love My TL-S
By nomominivan

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got my TL Type S July 07. It has 3500 miles on it and love it. It's gorgeous! I am very comfortable in it, although I am not very big. My husband is not as comfortable but he's tall. I love the power and the handling that this car offers. Step on it and go! I like the feel of the road, and this car has that. My kids are comfortable in the back. The sound system is great. I love the back up camera & the ipod plug. I do have a rattle on the back trunk lid part where the speakers are. Will have them check it at my first service. I did have to replace one of the tires because I hit a pothole ($240). Tire guy told me the low profile tires are horrible. They look cool tho. So far very happy!

The looks, the seats, the power & the ride! Also the sound system, nav system, backup camera.

Get rid of the rattles before you sell the car! I dont like the plastic grill thingy on the front of the car, it can pop off when you press on it. The voice recognition doesn't understand me very well.