Used 2007 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Review of 2007 TL Type S
By WarriorZeroSix

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After one month of ownership, all is fantastic! Amazing automobile with no issues to this point. Taking some time to learn all of the system(s) capabilities, but WOW! Gas mileage is getting better with each mile.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, Hands Free Link to cell phone and BlackBerry, power and style of this automobile.

Suggested Improvements

Initial gas mileage was a concern, but after the first tank full, mileage is getting better and better. Last tank averaged, 27.6 mpg's.

Love My TL-S
By nomominivan

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got my TL Type S July 07. It has 3500 miles on it and love it. It's gorgeous! I am very comfortable in it, although I am not very big. My husband is not as comfortable but he's tall. I love the power and the handling that this car offers. Step on it and go! I like the feel of the road, and this car has that. My kids are comfortable in the back. The sound system is great. I love the back up camera & the ipod plug. I do have a rattle on the back trunk lid part where the speakers are. Will have them check it at my first service. I did have to replace one of the tires because I hit a pothole ($240). Tire guy told me the low profile tires are horrible. They look cool tho. So far very happy!

Favorite Features

The looks, the seats, the power & the ride! Also the sound system, nav system, backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the rattles before you sell the car! I dont like the plastic grill thingy on the front of the car, it can pop off when you press on it. The voice recognition doesn't understand me very well.

Tight and nimble
By Rick

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has about as much fun as you do. It corners nimble and stays on line in the direction it is pointed. The suspension gets into front and rear tires when tight cornering and launches the car out of the turns into the straights with positive acceleration pushing you back into the seat.

Favorite Features

Other than driving the car, the stereo system with the surround system is exceptional. The nav system is no slouch and quite intuitive.

Suggested Improvements

If they were to come up with a rear wheel drive model who knows how many of these cars would be sold!

Has it all
By mmorFun

2007 Acura TL Type-S 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great. I had a 2004 Infiniti G35 and this car tops it by far. The interior has more room (I am 6'4"). I have plenty of head room and ample leg room. The stereo and nav is top notch. And the seats are very supportive and comfortable. The power on the Type S is very solid. Though one thing I miss is the rear wheel drive on the G35. But, besides that this car is very fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Stereo/nav.

Suggested Improvements

It would be great if they would make this rear wheel drive. Make the rims 18 or 19 inch on the type S.

2007 3.2 TL
By Enthusiast

2007 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car because of its design and reliability. The second week I had ignition problem, which was fixed by the dealer. The car drives well and I feel very secure behind the wheel. But, the squeaks and the little noises drive me crazy. With every additional mile, the noises increase exponentially. The noise problem is present in every heavy car. I had a GS before, which was no stranger to the constant sounds but the noises are profoundly present in this car more than others. I would think again before buying this car again.

Favorite Features

All the standard features and the stability control.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the noises. The suspension is too tight which I think is part of the reason for the sounds.