Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 445 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Stylish but not good
By Bruce Theus

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the TL about 8 months ago after owning a 2000 RL and was initially impressed with it's fun to drive performance. However after a few months the ride turned harsh and bone jarring, There are sometimey rattles occurring throughout the interior that can't be pin pointed and wind noise is pronounced. There is a blind spot on the drivers side that I can't seem to adjust too. At the rate that rattles are occurring I am sure that I will have to get rid of it before I reach 25m miles. While the car looks good and is fun to drive better quality can be had in a Honda Accord. Acura is on the right track but this car does not have the quality that I have been used to with Acura.

Blue tooth capability

Correct drives side blind spot, softer riding tires, DVD-Audio is good but sound system is anemic. Correct interior rattles. Body paint no better then Honda Accord.

Very Satisfied owner
By COvalle

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires and Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love my car. I got it for my birthday after having test driving it a few months prior and dreaming about it since. My husband and I have bought 7 cars in the last 2 years none of which were older than 2 years old and this one is by far the favorite. I love the memory seating connected to the lock clicker... The leather is butter soft. Mine is anthrocite with quartz interior. Its a computer on a great powerful engine that is comfy to ride in. Gotta love those Xenons. My husbands car came with Xenon lights also but mine are brighter! I definitely recommend this car. Other dealers would charge you thousands more for the same equipment and they dont even have touchscreens!

My navi has a name: James. He is the absolute coolest thing. Acura also has larger screens than other dealers and its also a touchscreen. very nice. It also drive so soft you dont even feel it shift!

Not any I can think of. The dual climate control takes a minute to figure out but its a great ride. Mine had 2 small issues when I got it (rear defroster didnt work and Acura emblem on front was loose) but the dealer fixed these with no issue right away.

Love the TL
By cliff

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love the acura TL. Interior, quality are excellent. The only worry i have is when starting cold, it idles roughly. When warm it idles nice. Dont like to put premium fuel in it either. Get the navigation, its worth the extra. Buy the Type S if you can afford it.

Navigation, Blue tooth Phone, Large bolsters on the seats Rear seats are as comfortable as the front

Make the engine run smoother from a cold start, idles really rough, almost shakes the entire car, ive driven others and they are all the same. Make the seat heaters warmer in temp. Passenger seat only heats the back not the seat, loser to a airbag sensor.

Just the best...
By ddonskoy

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car, the best I've ever driven. No matter what other reviews may say, I did not notice any substantial difference in handling compare with BMW 3 series. The only small problem I've noticed was sometimes not very smooth upshift of the auto transmission when the car moves from complete stop.

Beautiful interior, excellent navigation and audio system.

Definitely needs day time running lights.

TL vs BMW3
By Cooper

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Not as agile as a BMW 3 series but very powerful. The TL has many more standard features than a BMW 3 at a much lower price point. While not as much fun to drive as the 3 series, it offers a better value. The interior is nothing short of outstanding and is extremely comfortable. A really excellent car.

Navigation, bluetooth cell phone connnection, and interior.

Make it a rear drive vehicle and it would be as perfect as a car could get.