Used 2005 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2005 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

6 years and counting
By Naval Air

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As a retired Naval Aviator, I have a sincere appreciation for performance, reliability and ďfitĒ. I purchased my 2005 TL new with the assumptions that it would provide years of performance and have the road manors to handle long trips without rattling my old bones. Actually, the car has surpassed those expectations and is categorically the best car Iíve ever owned. It has some inherit limitations involving wet or snowy road conditions that may challenge even an experienced driver, but overall itís a keeper.

Favorite Features

Clean lines, excellent handling on turns, highly reliable and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Tire upgrade is not optional and in winter conditions consider high quality snow tires.

Awesome 'Ride'
By sjd94975

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL new and after doing a bit of specializing, had the stock rims dipped in black chrome, drove off the lot & only return when it's time for regular maintenance. I love this car, it's sophisticated styling inside & out still make it a head turner 5 years in. It handles great and is very responsive when you need to 'get going'. The large screen Navi is great, XM feature w/ awesome 6 speaker stereo sound, voice command features incl bluetooth cellular...this car has it all. I think my 2005 looks is better than the 2011 I see at the dealership. Never regreted this purchase...ever!

Favorite Features

How beautiful the TL looks inside and out. Voice activated command console, large Navi screen.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better, I drive mostly city & get about 18 mpg.

Best Acura I've owned
By GK20TH

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in July of 08 with 33000 miles on it. I love this car and all its features. I have owned several Acura's and Honda's in the past and this TL is by far the best. The only issue I have had is the drivers side window seems to rattle but I understand this is a common problem. I recently replaced the tires with some that were highly recommended on a tire website and I think it has made a major difference with the drive ability of this car. Acura's seem to hold up so well, they have qreat fit and finish.

Favorite Features

Love all the features that this car comes with. The stereo is great espically with XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Can't really think of any except maybe the maintenance costs at a dealer but that is normal for a luxury vehicle. Some of those costs can be reduced by doing some maintenance at home.

Great Car
By Cornel

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this TL in April. Love the car with only one real complaint. The Seats are hard to keep clean.. The dye from jeans bleed right into the leather. The seats are tan so they look dirty. Other than that this is a wonderful car.

Favorite Features

Engine, Body style, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Better Leather. Noticed 2007-current leather seats have improved..

Best car I've ever owned, hands down.
By ScootrNC

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased used with 19.5 k miles, ULEV rated (were available for sale in CA and upper New England at the time). I've put about 34 k miles on it and it has performed flawlessly for the 3.5 years I've had it. No repairs, rattles or anything negative over this period. It IS tire-sensitive. Now I'm using Bridgestone Serenity series and the ride is smooth and quiet, haven't noticed any significant tire wear for 20+ k miles. It's fast and fun to drive. I am familiar with the BMWs and yes they handle well, but the TL is right up there with them IMHO. TL is a little quieter than many of BMWs (especially wind noise at speed). At 70 mph, gives about 31 mpg but I don't punch it much.

Favorite Features

External appearance...classic with NO unnecessary moves. Still looks current and I prefer it over the new Acura sheet metal. Terrific sound system and the cassette player will outperform most MP3 players with good recordings (MP3s give me a bad headache). CD is terrific. Ditto Bluetooth and Nav.

Suggested Improvements

It's LOW to the ground so getting in and out is not as easy as with some other models. But that's the trade-off for great cornering and a very stable ride - - low CG. If you get the front spoiler, watch out for curbs when parking!