2005 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Terrfic TL
By Matt on 01/08/10 10:23 AM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have always driven Hondas and have wanted a TL since they changed the body in '04. Finally bought a used '05 in Oct of '08. Love it! Sharp looking, powerful, comfortable, reliable, relatively economical. Mine is silver with gray leather. Bought it with 25k on it and I've put 28k on it since acquiring it. I commute 33 miles to work 1 way. Have seen 33 mpg on the highway a couple of times but average 31 on hwy. City driving is a bit more dismal in the high teens. Overall average is 25-26 mpg.

Great Car
By Tom on 12/12/09 20:44 PM (PST)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely stylish vehicle. Head turner, even at five years old. Abundant whiz-bang features in the cabin -- lots of them linked to the particular driver's key fob. Engine is very powerful -- wonderful sound. Front-wheel drive pulls the car forward nicely on dicey roads. Soft leather seats. Xenon headlights which are tightly focused. XM/Sirius radio. European feel on the road. Great value.

Overrated
By Mike Ryan on 10/15/09 06:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned 3 Acuras; all purchased new. We will not be purchasing a fourth. Tires on TL wore out after 24,000 miles. Rust on brakes had to be scraped after less than 18,000 miles, not covered by warranty. Passenger side window opens but will not always close. Acura Service tells us it will be $545 to fix. Window service is outside warranty period. There has been no damage to the vehicle that would cause the window malfunction. This is not what you would expect from a company that prides itself in building quality products.

TL Funny to drive...some quirks!
By RL22 on 10/12/09 13:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used...A lease turn-in. I have loved this car from the get go. I am in my mid-late 30's and it fits me like a "T". Fast, stylist and has all the amenities that I would use (wish but don't have nav). I think the car is quiet but I would agree about the some rattles. I have tried to find most and put an end to them which I have except for a couple which would entail a lot of work. I had to put new brakes on it (because it was a lease turn-in with 36M miles)and I have put about 15000 on it in 7 months. Have done nothing else with it...I owned a 2004 Accord that I put 140M on. Honda/Acura make great cars...I am looking into a used MDX for the wife.

The best used car...period.
By That Guy on 09/16/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving my 2005 TL for a few months now and I am convinced that this is the best car I have ever owned. The exterior is slick and sporty. Interior is clean and classy. Love the leather seats. My TL came with a sport package that included factory 18" wheels and a factory body kit. It was love at first sight. I'm up to about 71K miles now and its still running strong. This car is definitely a keeper.

Luxury + Peformance = TL
By EverydayDriver on 07/31/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up a pre-owned black Acura TL about 4 months ago. I love this car. One of the best cars I've ever owned. My TL came with an OEM body kit and 18" A-spec wheels, looks very clean and aggressive. Interior is nice and comfy. Nice aluminum and wood trim. Big touch-screen navigation is very helpful but software seems dated compared to my wife's Benz navigation. The car picks up pretty quick on the freeway. I'll be going 80 but it feels like I'm going 60. It does drink gas like crazy though. $40 of gas will last about 260 miles only. This is an overall GREAT car. You will not be disappointed.

Luxury & Performance at its BEST.
By Average Joe on 07/12/09 20:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My old car was an 2007 Accord Coupe EXL. It was boring. I didn't want to pay for a car I didn't like driving so I traded it for a used Acura TL. Best decision I ever made! I picked up my black TL with 60K miles on it. Yeah that's a lil high but Acuras are known to last a long time. I LOVE this car! Looks clean and sporty on the outside, nice and luxurious on the inside. Performs as good as it looks! Picks up fast off the line. My TL came with the underbody spoiler kit and 18" A-spec wheels! Looks so nice! I couldn't say no at the dealership! It has every single option available. Navi, heated seats, auto dim mirror, everything. I can't say enough about this car! Highly recommend it.

Bad experience
By Mark on 06/20/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the look. I went with Acura after looking at everything from BMW to Benz. Fun to drive, great color (black with blue specks over gray) and very comfortable interior. However, it has been the most unreliable car I have owned as an adult. Numerous trips back to the dealer for mechanical issues, interior rattles like crazy, lousy roadside assistance (I've had to call them 4 times in 9 months). I will be trading it in on a Lexus or BMW as soon as I get it back from service (again).

Great Birthday Gift!
By akaprls20 on 05/07/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL for my birthday and have been happy ever since. After months of researching the TSX, I checked out the TL and never looked back! I purchased mine from a private owner and got a great deal! Don't be fooled by the dealers who want you to think that you get so much more buying a CPO. More money for no reason. The owner who sold the car also had an 06 TL and said the 05 drove a little faster. Apparently there was some change in that year. Oh well, my gain!

MPG could be improved
By adhikun on 05/04/09 10:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura TL Sedan 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I got the car used, at 27,500 mi. Not bad for a 2005 car. Handling is very sporty, suspension is more sporty than luxurious. MPG is pretty bad - mix driving only gets me between high teens and 21mpg.