Used 2015 Volvo V60 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V60 model:

Still a Fan of the V60 After 4 Years
By Steve Paul

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great combination of comfort, acceleration, fuel economy in the 4cyl version, and cargo space

Chinese Engineering!
By Jeff D

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Do you like a car to be stylish? Do you like your car to perform? Do you like your car to have seamless phone connectivity? Do you like a car that makes you say "WOWZER!" when you get in and it roars to life? If you have answered "yes" to any of these, then you should pass by the V60. The bluetooth entertainment system facilitates that the driver will need to physically use his/her phone to navigate through music selections. Power? There is none. I can't imagine having a load of family and bags in this thing and trying to cross a busy road. I have no confidence in doing so solo. Selecting manual shift mode will help somewhat, but even then, the shifting is so delayed that you could get stuck trying to get out of traffic in a hurry. Style? It has the style appeal of a harvest gold dishwasher in a granite and stainless steel kitchen. You've no doubt heard the expression that one could screw up a ball bearing....Welcome Chinese ingenuity to the world of Volvo.

Piece of Swedish Junk
By Gary

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Car has been in 6 times for an issue with loss of power. They rebuilt the engine at 29k miles. Still exhibits intermittent power loss due to pre-detonation of spark plugs which retards the timing causing the loss of power. Happens without warning which makes it very unsafe to drive when merging. Volvo has acknowledge the issue yet states it will happen under certain conditions. They have been completely and utterly useless and are unwilling to resolve the issue. Do a search under Volvo Drive E Clicking and you will find the info. 3rd and last Volvo. *update* Volvo finally replaced the defective motor at 39k after reaching out to the CEO. Car has performed without a flaw since that time.

THIS CANNOT BE A WAGON! Surprising Performance
By R M M

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I canNOT believe that this is a wagon. It outperformed the 3 series BMW in my test drives, and continues to impress. We were really skeptical on the MPG claims, but it does fairly close to it (if you can resist the temptation to enjoy the surprising pickup). We generally are "green drivers" and get better than usual miles, but I still doubted the 37mpg highway claim. Yet, this morning, I got 33 in a 15mi city drive from my kids' school to the office (A/C on as it was ~90F outside), but this is Raleigh NC traffic (mild). This weekend we had the car loaded with 2x large adults, 2x kids(in giant, heavy, 5 point boosters), 2x 10gl coolers full of drinks and ice, a small bag of clothes, 2 large picnic blankets, 2 folding chairs, and a 60lbs dog, but we still did 29mpg in a mix drive(60mi city/25mi hwy) of 85mi (round trip). The trunk space is great. All that stuff fit and the giant poodle still could stretched out on his bed. The software for trip computer and other things could be simpler, and the breaks feel too smooth for people that enjoy the sporty action of an audi, but the car is excellent in every other way. Ohhhhhhh, the seats are amazing.

Updates: over a year in and we continue to be very happy with this Volvo. It is comfortable, has ample space for us, it is versatile, drives like a sports car(except for soft/smooth breaks), and gets decent mileage if driven accordingly. Only snag is that the cell app is impossible to get working for us, so I don't get to turn it on before getting out of the house, etc.

My best driving car yet!
By Donald North

2015 Volvo V60 T5 Drive-E 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I'm a long time Saab car enthusiast owning several over the past 20+ years including the classic 900 Turbo, 9000 CSE Anniversary Edition, and 9-5 Aero wagon. My 2003 9-5 Aero wagon was a great car to drive, being very comfortable with plenty of cargo space. However at 266k miles, with a daily 90 mile commute, it was time to replace it. I wanted a car as comfortable as it, which is not easy to find. Most cars have poor front seats for long term driving comfort. I like to move around a lot of stuff and need cargo space, hence my interest in only wagons. I briefly considered the 328 wagon - I like its exterior styling, however as typical BMW their seats are uncomfortable to me and you sit too low in the car. My wife recently leased a 320 (drives nice; seats and ergonomics suck), and I sat in every car at the dealer from 2 to 7 series and all of the seats are far less comfortable than those in my V60. I also have a lot of concern about their long-term reliability since I try to keep my cars to 200k+ miles. I also considered the VW Golf wagon, but it wasn't as quiet on the freeway as I would like. I tried and bought a new 2015.5 V60 T5 Drive-E with sport seats and suspension and have enjoyed it every day since I bought it. It's now nearly 3 years old and already has 70k miles and has not had any reliability problems. I recently replaced the tires with the same Pirellis that came with car. It is quiet and smooth at highway speeds and corners tightly and confidently. Front seats are very comfortable and need a little time to break in. Front visibility is great with no glare. I like the control layout and enjoy listening to satellite radio every day. Bluetooth connection to my phone is reliable and telephone sound quality is excellent. My only complaint was the stock acceleration was not quite as strong feeling as I enjoyed with my Saab. However that was fixed and the car transformed when I recently bought the Polestar Performance Optimization software for the car. It can be easily downloaded and installed at any Volvo dealer. With the new software, it now passes very quickly on the freeway while also improving the throttle and transmission behavior. Highway gas mileage in unchanged. This is now one hell of a European car! To me the V60 T5 Drive-E with Polestar software is the best currently available balance of comfort, safety, driving experience, fuel economy, and storage capacity. Highly recommended!