Used 2003 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews

Used S80 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...345678

Pros
Cons

Old that drives like new !

Wayne Sibert, 08/15/2018
2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

Maintenance is pricey but worth the cost. The car handles well in snowy conditions.

Very Comfortable, Little Else Going For It

G, 04/09/2019
2.9 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl 4A)

This car is by far the most comfortable I have ever driven, and performs its purpose as a safe comfortable cruiser adequately. Reliability seems variable. Many online seem to like this, but mine has never once worked properly. It constantly told me various electronics are not working, and stalls at random below half a tank. Also the stability control is worse than useless in the snow, cutting power at inopportune moments such as entering intersections in slush, or getting oneself unstuck from a snowy driveway. I have replaced the fuel pump for $700 at a Volvo specialist's garage, which was cheaper than a dealership would have done it for (regular mechanics would not work on this car in my area). As someone with sporty tastes, the 2.9 trim is lacking. The acceleration is at best marginally faster than my previous 30 year old Honda Accord that made just over 100 HP, and steering/handling is vague at best and occasional disconcerting in the apparent lack of connection to the wheels over bumpy roads. The car also torque steers noticeably under acceleration. Overall a decent car for someone who wants to be insulated from the road and float down the highway, if they can stomach new BMW maintenance with none of the performance typically associated with it. It makes sense why my grandmother bought it, but it doesn't work for a broke college student.

Money pit

Janice Thornton, 06/13/2019
T6 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I've had problem after problem with my car,I love driving it plus it handles and brakes great,my problems are my headlights and having to replace bulbs over and over,my starter is going out, my motor fan won't shut off and will run my battery down unless I unplug it ,my driver's window won't roll up and down the front passenger side seatbelt is locked and can't get it unlocked,my lining on the interior is coming off, and my engine light is on because of something about my gas tank cover..like I said the great money pit car..I love the look and the way it drives it's a very clean car and it's been well taken care of,I'm not hard on my cars and don't understand all these things that are going on with it, all these things have happened within the past 3 1/2 months ,,bummer once I get everything fixed I won't get the money I put in it back but of it so I'll end up keeping it but want to get a car with alot less problems and if they do have issues I can afford to fix them because everything on my car cost a fortune...

1...345678