2020 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

$22,995

Save as much as $4,032
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great midsize sedan

Gokhan.Kamber, 05/08/2021
S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my 2020 Passat S model in October 2020 for only $17,500. Great value for this midsize sedan. It drives very well. It has enhanced torgue with 2.0 Turbo engine. It is very roomy and has good standard safety feautures. I drove it with 120 mph on the highway without hearing any noise and vibration. I also love it's super size roomy trunk. It has 4 years 50,000 warranty which has more than competitors except Hyundai Sonata. It also has good gas milage.

3 out of 5 stars

Not as hoped for, not what I paid for

I 95 commuter, 07/04/2021
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Previously I owned a Passat wagon for 6 years, leased 2 CCs and am about to end a lease on a 2018 Passat SEL which was the top of the line Passat at the time - that's 15 years with VW. Though the Passat is a larger sedan for its class, sits higher and is less expensive than its cousin the Audi A4, my 3 year experience has been disappointing overall. Though it came loaded with options, its performance and the functionality of those extra options have been inconsistent. This car was made in TN, not Germany. I had no issues with the German made VW's. This Passats turbo needed replacing after 1 year - yes it was covered by warranty, yet for many months I experienced a lackluster drive, and it has never been consistently powerful since. To fold down the rear seats, you must pop the trunk to pull two seat release tabs which are in an inconvenient position- they should be on the top of the rear seats, not in the trunk, and the left side never worked consistently. The heated mirrors did not work. The push engine start button I learned is covered with thin metal plating or foil which one day had literally peeled into a triangular shape and cut my finger. This occurred during early Covid shut down, so I opted to cover the button with 5-6 layers of glass tape, which still remain. I never write reviews, but thought buyers should be aware. It's time to lease again, and I am looking elsewhere.

3 out of 5 stars