Used 2016 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

2016 Passat is outstanding.
By L.Strasser

2016 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6AM)

Our car is actually a VW Passat SEL VR6 premium. Since we have owned it, the car has been outstanding. We have zero complaints. The car is reliable, fun to drive, confortable, safe, and well worth the money we paid. VW has done a great job with this car. We will look at buying another in the future.

Had the "Bug" for VW Passat
By Kevin Byrnes

2016 Volkswagen Passat SEL PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After wanting a Passat TDI for years (until the diesel scandal broke), I had decided to check-out the gas engine models. The 2016 Passat SEL PZEVs were among the first to add adaptive cruise control and blind-spot and rear traffic detection. This model does not have autonomous emergency braking, lane adjustment or autonomous parking features. I don't see the blind-spot detection warning lights in the side mirrors very clearly, they seem to be located too peripheral and a little too small to be noticeable, and the braking system feels a little "grabby", requiring some getting use to. On long-distance hwy trips through fairly flat terrain, I am averaging around 34 mpg, at 70+ avg speed, & substantial load and A/C running. The spacious trunk and backseat accommodates lots of baggage and golf clubs without folding down the back seat. The premium Fender audio system really rocks...almost excessive amp wattage, but crystal clear with no buzz from bass or tinny/brassy high end. After years of Toyota ownership, Passat has a different handling feel. I was surprised that VW dealer didn't offer free oil changes under balance of new car warranty period, so I chose to go to 3rd party tire/auto maintenance shop to avoid $150 pricey dealer quote for synthetic oil change and tire rotation.

Very Good Car
By Victor M DeCosta

2016 Volkswagen Passat SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great Sedan for the money. Never had a repair problem !

Not completely displeased, not completely pleased
By Yvonne

2016 Volkswagen Passat R-Line 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I honestly wish that I had taken a longer test drive. This car does not handle dips and bumps well at all.
My initial review has not changed. I have grown accustomed to the ride so it's not as noticeable, but the initial transition from my Camry to this car was a real eye opener. I've since learned that German cars are designed more for taking the curves rather than dips and bumps; that bit of research before purchase would have helped. To be honest, the car that the VW replaced was a 1996 Toyota Camry model and a lot has happened to cars since that purchse. Having said that, I really can't compare my Pissat to other 1996 cars. I was car shopping and went with my cousin to a VW dealer because he needed to pick up his car that was being serviced. It was not my intention to get a VW but he is a car salesman and spoke highly of them. Overall, I am not really displeased with the car --- just accustomed to a different type of ride.

2016 VW Passat TSI
By Teshia Waldo

2016 Volkswagen Passat S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very SILENT Car ... Smooth Ride, Kind Of Spacious ... Comfortable, Coming From A Dodge Charger ... I Made A Lovely Purchase ... !!!