Used 2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Worst car I have ever owned
By mike

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this car used. It looked great and seemed to be a good deal. We have 4 other cars. 2 Toyota vans one withe 190,000 miles , the other has 214,000 miles. we also have an older Subaru. The VW is not allowed to leave out little town because it is so unreliable. It has broken down almost any time it's been over 20 miles away. Fuel problems, head, carbon build up, have replaced the injectors, fuel rail, and more. Giant piece of crap!!!

Daughters first car
By Joel Mccowan

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Turbo 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Like everything about it, good gas mileage, handles well, comfortable, front wheel drive, enough power when you need it and stylish

Check engine light
By Tim

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a sweet car with nice get up and go. It has several nice conviniences and a lot storage. I average 25mpg with 80% driving on the highway. My only complaint is the check engine light is constantly on and VW dealers charge $100 just to look at it. This car is like a boat, it's a blast to have but is very high maintenance and costs a lot to maintain. I don't like having to fill up with premium gas when filling up either.

Pass on the left, if you can!
By Doug

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan VR6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When merging on to the highway, this car is like a thoroughbred race horse jumping out of the gate. Left signal on, metal down, take to the express lane and hit cruise at 82. Slow down for the inevitable traffic delays with the left (-) paddle shifter & open the sunroof if it is a nice day. The sound system will easily drown out anyone else's sound system.
I bought this car for its' storage. Right away it needed: igniters, fuel pump, axle, alignment, brakes, lights. Timing belt broke two weeks after dealer "inspected" it. Now, with rebuilt engine, performs like new.
Body & paint are in great shape. Glass is all like new. Plastic body panels require ArmorAll. For an "old" car, the design is still fresh. Turns heads wherever I go.
Blacked out all the chrome & lowered it, with some 18's.

Love my Passat!!!!!
By tiffanyrenee

2008 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my White, Passat 2.0T Komfort in 2011 used with 49, 000 miles. I had an oil consumption problem at first. I had to add oil every 500 to 600 miles but the VW dealership ran three oil consumption test found that there was a problem and fixed it. Other than some other recalls I am now at 83,000 miles and love the ride. I keep up the maintenance, bought new tires, new brake and rotors, and I am good to go. Did I say I love this car? I do.