Used 2017 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Great value, flat out great performance.

RM1, 10/07/2017
1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this to replace an older Volvo sedan. I bought it in Feb 2017, it is now October. My Jetta routinely knocks down 42+ MPG on the highway. The 1.4 TSI engine is what makes this car so good. Fantastic power from the small displacement (85 CID) and excellent low end torque, no need to wind it out to get the power. I have to 6 speed auto transmission, it is geared very well to this engine. Turbo lag is almost invisible and the shift logic works very well. Light years ahead of the older turbo cars. The MIB-II infotainment system is by far the best I've played with, very ergonomic and straightforward to operate. It works with Android Auto quite well. No need to get sat nav, as Google Maps is better and comes up on the radio screen. I have not had any repair work done as it hasn't needed any. I imagine with proper care, it will last a long time. Service points are clearly marked under the hood and maintenance is easy to do. This engine does have a timing belt, which is good as there are no chains or plastic guides to wear out and replace. The service interval is 120K IIRC. My biggest gripe is the road noise, I think this is a fault of the Bridgestone tires that came on the car. There is a good deal of wind buffeting with the back windows down at 30+ MPH speeds. Overall, it's a great value to the money and just a hoot to drive. The electric power steering is calibrated fairly well, although I wish there were an option to adjust the power assist down, it can get a bit twitchy on the highway. The SEL model has a few more features that I would want, but not the 1.4 litre engine and that is the main reason I like this car. It would be nice to have adaptive cruise, auto mirror dimming and fog lamps on the SE model.

5 out of 5 stars

Nice, but somewhat expensive.

John Keck, 11/09/2016
2.0T GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The Jetta GLI is a fairy sporty sedan. It's not the most economical of the Jetta trim levels, but offers great acceleration, braking, and handling. The interior is nice with a good infotainment system, parking assistance and blind spot monitoring. There are 18000 miles on the car at this point, and no problems thus far.

3 out of 5 stars

Quality and finish

Woof4u, 07/08/2017
1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my car new. The back door kept making a popping noise every time it was opened and closed. Before I could have it checked I noticed the front door was bent. They point blank denied that could happen and flatly refused to repair it.

Great car!

AtK, 03/22/2017
1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Solid, great car for the price

3 out of 5 stars

GLI Try and you buy

ED, 01/23/2017
2.0T GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought this loaded GLI used with 13k miles. I knew little about the car before driving it and never had a VW before only BMWs. Bought with 14k miles for 22,900 I love it. Fun to drive, good power, good everything unless you need an SUV and I often do for hauling big things

12345...13