Used 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
2.75 out of 5 stars

Surprisingly poor driving car

dm3, 04/16/2013
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 6 speed auto transmission is one of the most unresponsive that I have ever driven. The engine is underpowered. Throttle response is not smooth. Initially the car does nothing then surges. The transmission is too reluctant to downshift making for a frustrating drive. The transmission downshifts much too slowly. Mash the throttle and I sometimes forget that I've done it as the seconds count down (2-3 seconds). That can be dangerous is you try to jump lanes. Interior feels unusually cheap for a VW. No cup holders in the rear. No cruise control. Rear view mirror can obstruct.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Love my TDI!

carcully, 05/21/2014
TDI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We purchased our Toffee Brown 2013 Jetta TDI last summer, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. My folks have a 2011 Jetta TDI Sportwagen, so I had the pleasure of driving their car on occasion, and was immediately hooked on its performance and power, with such incredible fuel economy. We have 2 sons, and it transports the 4 of us around very comfortably. I love that the actual MPG is even BETTER than what is advertised. We get about 38 around town, and have gotten 51 on freeway trips. Love the V-tex Leatherette interior--so easy to clean. Just a great all-around vehicle.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Business-like

rpauls, 06/18/2014
SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 4/13 (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Jetta 2.5 SE with 4,000 miles on it four months ago and it now has 15,000 miles. I work as an outside salesperson and was looking for a car that would get great gas mileage and still have some style. I did not have a Jetta in mind, but the mileage and price were both right, so I test drove it and to my surprise liked it a lot despite it being fairly vanilla on the style front. After four months, this car represents who I am very well, a business man. The looks are nice and clean. Not too boring, but not extroverted. The ride is generally compliant, quite nice on the interstate but very firm on rough pavement. Impressed with the highway mileage which has been 37 mpg.

4.88 out of 5 stars

VOLKSWAGEN JETTA TDI 52 mpg

rp4042, 09/20/2013
TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought this car on July 30 2013 and wish I had bought it sooner. I love this vehicle. the only gripe I have is the odometer is not constantly displayed in the speedometer, rather you have to page through a display screen to read it. Volkswagen claims 42mpg on the highway ' but I get 52 mpg with 60% highway and 40% city driving' as long as you keep the rpm's below 2,000 rpm's. this is with the automated manual transmission. my best for those conditions was 55.4 mpg. as far as some people saying the interior looks cheap I beg the differ it is not flashy like some other cars but certainly not cheap. this car is a joy to drive on winding roads.

Loved the car...Big problem

kittykat35, 02/04/2015
TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought the car new..loved the stick,turbo,diesel combination...handled like a proper German sedan..car didn't settle in till 90mph+. At 35K the high-pressure (32000psi) fuel pump failed and sprayed metal fragments through out the fuel system resulting in $5000 repair bill ! Covered under warranty for 1 time but the dealer claimed it was contaminated fuel. Had only used diesel fuel from a high volume station that has city and school district contracts. Come to find out these Bosch pumps are on their 3rd redesign and one of the failure suspects is the low sulfur fuel that has no/reduced lubricants. Owner's manual says not to use additives but if you have one be sure use an additive. ..Up-date 8/19...Traded car the week after this nightmare was "fixed".

5 out of 5 stars