Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

$7,495

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Graduation Present

Graduation Present, 05/07/2008
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my daughter a new 08 Jetta SE as her collge graduation present. I picked it up on Wednesday, delivered it to her in Philadelphia on Saturday, it was dead on Sunday and in the shop on Monday. The electronic engine fan would not shut off and it drained the battery. It was towed to dealer where they diagnosed a faulty fan controller module. Took 2 days to get the part. Hopefully this fixes it and it is the only thing that goes wrong with it. I have an 2007 New Beetle with the same engine in it and I love the car and I have had no problems. I also have a 2006 Passat and have had only minor problems like faulty gas cap. So you see I am a Volkswagen person.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Best Car riding Experience at a low cost

pgautam, 05/16/2008
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it in the dealership where I had visited just see how it looked like. I had seen some pictures of it in website. It offered everything that I needed - leather seats, heated seats, sun roof, music system, elegant interior. Bests of German Engineering at a modest price. The interior looked so elegant and sharp, and it appealed me too much. I bought it on the same day.

4.38 out of 5 stars

A lot of car for a little price

miasixx, 05/29/2008
Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta 2.0T is a much more grown-up feeling Jetta. I'm a diehard VW driver. My first VW was a 1987 Fox which I had for 9 years. I just traded in my '99 Passat GLX for this new Jetta and although I miss the interior size and weight of the Passat, the Jetta has come along way from feeling like your kid sister's car. Much roomier interior and cargo. Back seats have dual climate control, armrest with cup holders, and plenty of legroom for two full-size adults. Thw Wolfsburg comes with everything you'd need: 6-CD in-dash, MP3 adapter, power moonroof, sporty wheels.

9 Years & 155K Miles, still running strong

Rashod B., 10/15/2018
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

It’s been a relatively uninteresting journey with my 2008 VW Jetta. All in all, it has been a great vehicle to own. Extremely reliable, zippy, and comfortable. The car has lived in 2 states, been in 2 serious accidents and it just runs. I’ve had no major surprises except for some weird steering wheel and key ignition issues right around 100K on the odometer. The 2.5 liter engine and 5-speed manual transmission have always worked great. Right around 150K miles, I had a bevy of normal wear and tear items replaced (axel, brakes, tires, shocks, struts, etc.). My biggest complaint is that the car is simply boring and the gas mileage is subpar. If I can get another 50K miles out of the car with no major repair bills, I’d say it was a pretty damn good purchase.

2 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

I'd buy ten more

mcarey80, 10/22/2019
Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought mine 6 years ago with 63 k and now it has over 223k on the odometer works as it should mine has the day and it is absolutely flawless shifts as smooth as it always has just a few quirks if you get a boost leak code it is the diverter valve three bolts and 60 bucks and a evap purge valve $13 and two hose clamps those are the common failures great we'll built cars and pretty pretty to boot