Used 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Jetta for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

VW FunWagen

Brian, 05/01/2008
GLS 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the BEST car I have ever owned. Where do I start? The seats are so comfortable. I can drive 500 miles and be as fresh as a daisy when I arrive. The mpg is amazing. I drive 75 most of the way and still get 34 miles per gallon. My old car would get 28 at that speed. I can fit a ton of stuff inside. I am tall (6ft 2in) so my seat is back a bit. When the rear seat is folded, I am still comfortable. I am not jammed against the wheel trying to drive. Then, the space back there. With the seats up, I can fit three loaded golf bags back there. With the seats down, I was able to fit furniture inside (kitchen table and chairs) when I was moving. Awesome car, highly recommended.

3.38 out of 5 stars

please beware

luigi123, 04/22/2012
GLS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i purchased a 2001 jetta gls 2.0 and this has been the worst car i have purchased. do not get stuck in the vw trap. a week after buying it with 98000 miles the transmission started tweaking and is costing me roughly 2900 just to replace without the fact that its starting to get a lifter tick that was estimated $1200. it is a money sucking trap. the interior is nice but material is junk. electric problems are guaranteed lol... ive never driven a car that runs at 4000 rpms on the highway.. that is insane dumb.. i am selling as is or taking it to the junkyard and buying myself a reliable honda!