Used 2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 397 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

VR 6 the only way to go
By Justin

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

For what it is its great. Fun to drive it defiantly gets out of its own way and after you hit the apex of a corner just punch it and let the snappy vr6 with traction control launch you through. All the while riding in a rich fully loaded luxury class cockpit
The more I do the better it gets.

WARNING!! DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!!
By italialife

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

WOW, what a piece of garbage. I read the reviews before buying this piece of trash, but I thought, "eh, let me see for myself.." I'm an idiot for doing this. What haven't I replaced in this lemon, besides the frame and the engine? I bought the car for $3k with rusty fenders & a rusty chipped hood. Replaced both fenders & hood. It had some small dings, but no rust after that. I replaced the battery $210 ! I replaced the starter, coolant expansion tank, & a few other parts. I had invested a total of $1,728. I almost immediately put it back up for sale because is was beyond annoying to keep fixing little things. My wife hated when I chose to drive it over our other cars....The interior smell is atrocious, it smelled like a melted crayon constantly-- plus the interior is beyond cheaply constructed, which, if you happen to brush against, will smudge and ruin your clothes. The interior plastics were seriously made out to the strength of styrofoam cups. Though, peppy & fun to drive, do yourself a favor DON'T BUY THIS CAR! I finally sold this car yesterday for $5k after trying for over 4 months! Making a $272 profit! I can't believe I didn't loose my [non-permissible content removed] on this car. After counting the cash, and after the kid left, my wife and I were literally dancing!

Never, ever again!
By Bass_Baller

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

What haven't I replaced in this lemon, besides the frame and the engine? Hmmmm.... let me think... Not the manual transmission, clutch, A/C condenser, power steering drive, fuel injector pump... nope, all of those, I had to replace. Power windows and power locks-- the ones without broken switches-- are unreliable. Cheap plastic knob for mirror control broke off with no effort. Trunk latch even broke. And, of course, it leaks. And then there's the melted crayon smell of the interior (dashboard, mostly)-- which, if you happen to brush against, will smudge and ruin your clothes. Fun to drive, but do yourself a favor and lease it instead of buy it.

expensive German lady
By Rhoda sagun

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS VR6 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 4A)

Good car when taken care of properly

20 billion
By mikikike

2001 Volkswagen Jetta GL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent 20 billions dollars fixing this car!! wahhhh the reviews of this car are so ridiculous. try doing your own repairs and they don't coast as much!, this car is a low end piece of crap we all know that any low end car will need a lot of repairs, most cars need tons of repairs! Its usually negligence by car owners that causes car problems..