Used 2013 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:

Fantastic car
By Andrew Hutchison

2013 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I owned my 2013 GTI with convenience package and sunroof for 2 years and I loved it. I had no issues with the car and it’s such a blast to drive. I loved the Clark plaid interior and the seats were the best I’ve ever had. My navy blue exterior looked great, and wasn’t too showy. The car is peppy yet comfortable for a daily driver. The infotainment Navigation etc worked just great and paired with my Bluetooth easily every time in the car, but it wasn’t the best resolution.
I loved the car a ton and I miss it. I moved to an area with lots of snow and thought I should get a car with AWD. I bought a 2015 Audi A3 and even though it’s they same company, same platform as the GTI, I liked driving the GTI more and I miss it. Those seats are fantastic.

White haired kid
By white haired kid

2013 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is not a comfortable long distance ride. Performance is great, however, I would have rather had a manual trans that gives you more of a feeling of "driving" not riding.

Great car
By Kevin

2013 Volkswagen GTI 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great handling very fast car.

Excellent car, fun to drive
By Ed L.

2013 Volkswagen GTI Autobahn 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My only issue with this car was the original mpg rating of 28-33. Never came close, averaging 18-20mpg, albeit most of this was city driving. Love my GTI, but looking for a more fuel efficient ride.

My most beloved problem child
By Gregg

2013 Volkswagen GTI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

VW customer service is amazingly terrible by any standard (Beechmont VW Cincy OH)

I loved my GTI - for driving not owning.
Water pump failure 12,000 miles
un-diagnosed engine tick at 24,000 miles that VW would not honor warranty rental reimbursement policy

Service department's complete lack of skill sets with managing their customers concerns with any level of empathy or real concern.

There is so much about this car that I love- performance, handling, comfort, over all design (exterior & interior)
BUT I will never buy a VW again and will tell everyone I know to never do so based off my customer service experience with them (while still under warranty which was the scary part to me)

I traded in for a Honda Accord Sport Manual- i miss my turbo, handling and the comfort of the seats on long road trips but I am so happy to no longer have to deal with VW corporate. Oh and no major parts failures with the Honda either!