Used 2005 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...123456

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

Great ride, but take a look at the 2006s

Smoove, 06/13/2006
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

With the new models coming out, I got a great deal on a 2005 GTI 1.8T. This is a kick-butt car especially if you live in an urban area. It has a lot of fun to zip around narrow streets and into and around traffic. It's reasonably comfortable enough for long road trips and trips to the slopes/casinos, but practical enough for the daily commute and running errands. I've seen a lot of complaints regarding the gas milage and I have to agree. To be perfectly honest, this car is so much fun to drive aggressively that I think the poor gas milage could easily be attributed to the drivers. I'm coming up on 7,000 miles and the only issue I've had was the rear wiper stopped working...during a downpour no less.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Fun but needs consideration before buying

Katie, 09/26/2007
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was my first new car I bought. It was a great purchase for the price. It really gets up and goes. I really love taking turns that suggest 30 mph and you can sweep through it at 50. Great styling and love how the back seats fold flat for trips. Have had some problems with extreme wind noise and rattling. It seems most in the rear of the car and side panels, rather annoying actually because at about 2,000 miles it started. I was able to get a wind noise silencer kit that the dealership installed, but it still didn't do the trick. The gas mileage is ok, depending on how heavy your foot is on that turbo! It is a great buy and I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a fun car.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great Buy, Great Fun

Jorge, 07/13/2007
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First of all, you can't beat the price of this car for the fun that you get. I was between this car and the Acura RSX S, but purchasing this car for 4K-5K less turned out to be a great decision. I love the 17" 15-spoke wheels, and the posh interior is identical to the Audi A4. The acceleration, engine noise, and handling make you want to be the friend who drives everybody around. This car has proven to be both functional and fun, as the back seat turns into a surprisingly large cargo area that beats any sedan as far as usefulness goes. Discrete looks with a fantastic pick-up at an unbeatable price makes this guy a proud GTI owner.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Excellent Performance

Kevin, 05/23/2008
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I realized that I was going to purchase this car about 5 minutes after test driving it new from the dealer. After my typical painstakingly analytical comparisons of the GTI against its competitors, it boiled down to one simple emotion - the GTI was a blast to drive! That factor, and exceptional build quality convinced me to purchase the car. I've had the car for about 2 1/2 years and have absolutely no regrets!

1...123456