Used 2005 Volkswagen GTI Consumer Reviews

Used GTI for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

All around great car.

Robert, 03/10/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the 8th VW Ive owned and one of the best. Fun to drive, good style and better interior than just about anything on the road with the exception of Mercedes or BMW. I have 18k miles of my car and not one problem at all and I dont plan on it. My father has a New Beetle with 195k miles on it and no issues, starts on the first crank and burns no oil. You can not go wrong with buying a VW. The 1.8T motor is perfect for this car, lots of low end torque, something Honda would have no idea about. and high end power from its 5V per cylinder and turbo. This car is easy to modify also a chip and intake on this car can send you well over 240 foot lbs of torque at the wheels and over 185 Wheel HP.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Golf GTI worth the money in many ways

Reece C., 05/05/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my second VW in a very long driving career. The GTI is nearly as much fun to drive as my other german sports car. The performance from the 1.8T is surprising. The overall quality of the car is what one expects from a german auto. I travel extensively and rent almost every american and some japanese brands. The VW is superior to all of the american brands in comfort, and performance. I am not disappointed with my purchase.

3.88 out of 5 stars

Great car... if you have a sense of humor

Extensioncord, 05/09/2005
VR6 2dr Hatchback (2.8L 6cyl 6M)

Good and bad. Smooth power, slick shifting, excellent handling, great ride and Audi-level interior design. Unfortunately, insurance is high, rattles and squeaks intrude on an otherwise library-quiet cabin, electonic gadgets are prone to failure. OnStar inoperative from day one. Buggy alarm/central locking system. Wouldn’t start at 5,200 mi, was towed. As this is my fourth VW, I’m used to the quirks … bad electrical systems, squeaks, leaks (like inch-deep puddles in my ’02 and that windows iced up on the INSIDE), stereo replacements, windows that fall into the doors, etc. The only question is: can YOU get used to it? Better make sure you have a good dealer. Otherwise, two words: CIVIC Si!

4.13 out of 5 stars

Great Car for the money!!

V-Dub, 07/05/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first brand new car, and my second VW. After driving a host of Japanese, American, German etc., etc., and after owning a MKIII Golf, this GTI is AWESOME! The power is definately more than adequate, the ergonomics are great, and is a kick in the pants to drive. This is my commuter car so I am in it daily and absolutely love to drive the 30 minute comute in the morning because I get to drive this car!!

Much love here!!!

**Heather**, 07/19/2005
1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I can't tell you how much I am impressed with this car. It definitely feels like it has more power than it actually has, and the handling is amazing. Lots of mods are available. The inside has alot more room than expected (and this coming from a mom of 2). The seats actually fold up like a jeep's would, so it's quite easy to get in and out of the back. The monsoon radio is great. I'm very pleased with my purchase, and encourage to test drive this car. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

12345...6