Used 2013 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews

Used Venza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

still pretty happy after 15K

ldecastro1, 01/11/2014
LE 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Venza LE AWD last April, so I have almost had it one year. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I liked the exterior design when they 1st came out several years ago. The inside of the car is very roomy all around. The kids have plenty of space in the back and the car is wider than most. I am a pretty big guy, so I appreciate the width of the drivers seat. It also has a nice large trunk. The electric steering take a bit to get used to (feels a little loose at first) and this car also rides pretty rough compared to most American-made cars. You really need to take it for a long test drive before you buy it. This car is absolutely amazing in the snow.

Love this car!

oxamanduhx51, 06/20/2014
LE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

When I was looking for at this vehicle at first, I love the style of it! I almost bought one without driving it first. Lucky for me, one of my customer's happened to have one and he let me drive it. I fell for it! I read a lot of reviews that said it lacked in the driving, they said it wasn't fun to drive, I feel the total opposite! I am a Toyota person, my 1998 Camry has 365k on it and still on the road today. I was spectacle of the quality of the newer Toyotas and that of the 3.5 V6 (ticks on start up like a sewing machine) which is why I went with the 2.7 4 cylinder. I have literally no complaints about this Venza at all!

Road trip safety and comfort pick

Linda Gemmill, 07/09/2016
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

A lot of cars look big on the outside but are not spacious inside. The Toyota Venza is deceiving in that it looks a normal size on the outside but very roomy on the inside better than the Cadillac SRX also the ride was comparable and acceleration was better in the venza also better gas mileage. How great I get 26-27 and average 22-24 combined rural and hilly highway. It is Limited AWD with all the bells and whistles I especially like the auto high beam and the cabin comfort it handles great and stops on a dime. I love my toyotas, no recalls on this model to date 2013. The suspension is also much better in 2013 the made the rear independent for a much smoother ride so anyone pre-2013 sorry urs rides a lot tougher . I tested both 2012 & 2013 and it was a huge difference on bumps and holes in the road. Overall I would recommend for extra storage and a true midsize vehicle . Larger SUVs are overkill and consume much more gas. So if u don't need that much this wagon looking crossover suv is great . Toyotas are notorious for great handling in snow. So I'm not worried but haven't experienced yet. In a downpour it had no problems at all, no hydro planing at 65, braking was fantastic also. Highly recommend this vehicle

5 year & 3 month Update

tduke, 06/20/2013
Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have over 73K miles on my 2013 Venza. Mileage remains about 21/22MPG though and occasionally ~24 but no better than that. Reliability has continued to be first rate and what you'd expect from Toyota, it's quite impressive. The "premium" JBL infotainment system continues underwhelm me. The screen's to small and the GPS system logic comes up with befuddling directions at times. It's bad enough that I frequently use Google Map on my phone as a back up and always defer to it's guidance over the in-dash unit. As others have noted the interior while nice enough it's kind of low rent for the "Limited" trim level. Toyota has ceased manufacturing the Venza but those in the market for a pre-owned crossover vehicle and don't need 3-row seating might find this a worthwhile choice. Overall I have been satisfied with the Venza and prize it's bullet proof dependability. UPDATE 26 Dec 2019: I traded in this vehicle in March when I purchased a new 2019 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring model. The Venza was the most reliable automobile I have ever owned in 45 years of driving. I'm enjoying the CX-9 so far and selected it over the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot.

Venza The Un Toyota or the working mans Q5

Iknowcars, 09/23/2016
XLE 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Whatisthat? A Venza. (Blank expression from inquiring person). It’s a Toyota, think of it as a Lexus RX350 lite, as they are based on the same K platform. Only this weighs nearly 600 pounds less, has a 4 inch lower roofline which contributes to much better driving dynamics. Oh they say. That pretty much sums up the Venza. Even Toyota didn’t know what this was. Is it a SUV, is it a Wagon, a car, or is it a Crossover? Motor trend hinted that they may have given this the SUV/Truck of the year award in 09 except Toyota insisted that this was a car, and MT wasn’t buying that. The answer is, it’s all of the above. A stylish Crossover really. It even handles pretty well with firmer suspension and decent handling thanks to the 19 inch tires. It really is the Un-Toyota. Think of it as the working man’s Audi Q5, which is probably why the Toyota faithful shunned it. Too bad. This is a great road and commuter car, with limousine like leg room. After cross shopping every SUV/Crossover out there of 2013/2014 vintage, nothing came close to this in terms of features, driving dynamics and price. Came this close to buying an Audi Q5 (we also own a late model Audi), but this was 10K cheaper and really is almost as good as the Audi driving wise. These are now orphans since they were discontinued so major deals are out there. The good: The 2.7 motor is plenty for this vehicle, even with AWD. The shifter location was not the deal breaker I thought it would be and the tiptronic feature does help to motivate things. All the car magazines say get the six because it gets the same MPG. But in the real world the six struggles to get over 20MPG while I’m getting 25 MPG with the four, a 25% improvement. And never once have I said this thing needs more zoom and I currently own some very fast cars (Camaro SS, Lotus). Plus the six is a service nightmare, check out water pump replacement, for example. The seats are very good; much better than any Toyota seat I’ve ever sat in. The backup camera is a nice addition although it and the display can be very to see in bright sunlight. Five hour drives and no issues. The JBL system is also very good, better than any JBL system from the past. Most people complain about the spongy brakes or weak A/C or vague electric steering or the sunroof leaking or making noises, yet this car has none of these issues even at 45K miles. My guess is that as Toyota quality slipped badly over the last decade that may be the factor in these cars. My suggestion is to do a 2 hour drive on all kinds of roads and see if any of these things pop up. The Bad: Toyota paint. This has to be some of the worst automotive paint ever. The attitude black color is beautiful but it’s so soft you can scratch it with your fingernail and chips VERY easy. The amount of orange peel in it on a car that cost’s over 35K is just unacceptable. I hate to see what this is going to look like ten years from now. Next a foot emergency brake, really? Toyota spent so much time designing this huge console that they left no room for a conventional e brake. The leather on the steering wheel and shifter is something I’ve never felt before I’m thinking road kill. The satin mahogany wood looks like I don’t know what. Also I’m not a fan of push button start, I have my reasons. 19 inch wheels look nice and add to the handling, but just wait until it’s time for tire replacement which can cost $1000 or more. The pano roof is nice but only opens about 12 inches max, what’s up with that, as the roof is over 90 inches long. No luggage rack with the sunroof, most other manufacturers offer one. Yet Toyota sees fit to offer no less that 10 cup holders in a vehicle that holds 5 people. The Distance to Empty readout is a joke; it’s off at least 100 miles. Fog Lights, they can’t be turned on unless the low beam headlights are on. These are FOG lights, Toyota you’re supposed to use them when you CAN’T use your headlights because it would reflect back. How come the window sweeps do not remove the morning dew when you roll the windows down? Speaking of windows, why can’t you open the rear window on the hatch without opening the rear hatch? Then there are tire pressure sensors. Toyota uses Tire pressure sensors unlike lot of manufacturers which have moved to using the abs tone ring instead. Each sensor must be manually logged in the Computer with a special device from the dealer. The problem is the computer only stores 4 sensors. People buy AWD because of bad weather and often run snow tires in the winter. This either requires mounting and dismounting on the same rim, a considerable expense or getting spare wheels with spare pressure sensors and having to take to the dealer and reprogram the computer each time to recognize which sensors are installed, also a considerable expense(fortunately you can clone aftermarket sensors now a days if you “know” the original numbers). Also these sensors tend to leak air due to corrosion and have a finite battery life, all of wh

12345...7