Used 2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Never leave home without it!!!!!!

Ralph Turczynski, 07/04/2016
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My first 3 trucks were 2 Chevys and a Dodge. In September I traded in my 2008 SR5 for a 2015 1794. The trade in value was more than I expected they gave me $21,000 for my trade in. I didn't think they could have improved that truck from my 08 SR5, but they certainly did. The quite cabin and hydraulic steering is outstanding. And not to mention the interior is quality workmanship. The leather in the 1794 is the same leather they put in a Lexus.. There was an article in the paper about a man that drove his Tundra 1 million miles. And Toyota took the truck to break it down to check for wear. And Toyota gave him a new truck. Did you ever hear of another manufacture to do that. I highly recommend this truck for anybody that's out shopping for a truck. At least take one out for a test drive.

Most Reliable Truck on The Road

David Lee, 11/17/2016
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Tundra. I brought this truck brand new in Febuary 2015. I have the 4WD 1794 Edition and it is Luxury Vehicle that is capable of handling all of your everyday needs. The gas mileage is not as great as other full size 1/2 ton trucks in its class, but I didn't expect great gas mileage for a truck this size. I average about 13 miles per gallon and I do mostly city driving. The Crewmax Tundra cab is the most comfortable Truck out there. I can drive with my seat all the way back and a person with long legs can still sit comfortably behind me. And the 1794 interior is Lexus quality. Everyone who gets in my truck for the first time is amazed at how nice the interior of this truck is. My only complaint is all controls should light up at night, especially the mirror controls. This truck is absolutely the best on the highway. I put a tonneau cover on the bed and when we go on a family vacation we are able to fit all the luggage in the truck bed with no problems and all 5 of us can sit comfortably in the cab and stretch out. The only complaint I have about my truck is the ride is not as comfortable as some of its competitors. You tend to feel every bump in the road. As far as reliabilty, I brought the Tundra over the Ram, Silverado, and F-150 because Toyota has the best reliabilty hands down and Toyota also has the best resale value. I have a friend with a 2010 with 160K and his truck has not given him any problems and I am expecting the same results from my 2014.

2014 Tundra LTD

Mick NO, 01/14/2017
Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far out performs any GM I have had in 30yrs. Haven't towed with it yet but expect it to do much better than my GM. So after a year I've updated my review. Overall very satisfied. 4x4 is light years ahead of any GM I've owned, just grips the road, you have total control and really have to make an effort to lose control! Carpet is kinda cheap, but I covered them with high quality liners. Towing is outstanding, effortless.. Turning radius is very good for full size truck! Fuel econmy is about the same as my 04 Silverado, not great. Part of that is I put LT truck tires on it and another is what almost seems like "engine breaking". Doing 80mph or 30mph, when you let off the throttle the truck starts to slow down. Doesn't coast!! Good for breaks, bad for fuel economy. Leather is very good quality, seats are kinda firm. Good back support on the drivers side.

New to Toyota

NOWTOYOTA, 12/02/2017
1794 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had for over 2 years and love this truck. The most reliable vehicle i ever owned. I will never go back. I read the negative reviews and found most of them to be false. One said the cup holders were not big enough, well they hold 32 and 48 ounce fountain drinks and the ones on the door hold 16 oz. bottles. The comment about the overhead glasses holder not being big enough, well i have 3 pair in it a lot with reading and sunglasses and ect. Gas mileage is still holding at around 18 overall and i check it manually on regular basis. This truck likes to run fast and i have found you really have to watch your speed. Everything still works and have not even replaced a bulb at this point. I put rear brake pads on it and change the oil every 10,000 miles and use Mobil one super synthetic. I have friend who have Tundras and we all agree that they are the most reliable truck we have ever owned. They are cheaper new and higher resale due to a reason, reliablility, quality, durability. The paint, body, frame, and interior all look close to new. NO RUST even underneath. NO Rust on frame, body panels, bumpers, or running gear and no leaks or oil spots or seepage anywhere on anything. Dry as the desert underneath including engine block, differentials, transfer case and everywhere else. Never had one like that before. I have a 2004 Sequoia with over 290,000 miles on it and it is the same way. I can't figure out how they get those leather seats to hold up like that as i am just over 6 foor tall and nearly 300 pounds. All my other trucks had seats and interior broke down and wore out at just over 100,000 miles and the leather would be split and torn. This truck originated from up around Chicago and Hammon, Indiana and is driven daily, so it has been in the snow belt and has seen plenty of salt and snow and is parked outside in a gravel driveway and not in a heated garage, however my next one will be. The backup camer is clear enough to read a newspaper in it. The JVC stereo is great. I love the WHOLE back window going down and use it frequently as i do not have to worry about it not working to go back up because it is a Toyota and the same goes for the sunroof. I had a Chevy with sunroof and it quit and and i got afraid to use it again, had a bad switch and was replaced under warranty, fortunately. All i can say is QUALITY! I will never go back to the others no matter how many bells and whistels they put on them, because if they are not running or working, what good are they? This truck is the 1794 edition and has more gadgets than i need or have had AND they all work and always have. No problems. If i had a complint it would be no storage under rear seat, but if there is nothing stored there, then it won't slide out as it always does unless you buy the tray and then you have to raise up the rear seat after you unload it(Nuisance). Been there! Clean the truck out to raise the back seat. Nope, no more. One more important issue, the turning radius on this truck is it seems 20 foot less than my crew cab Chevrolet making it a lot easier to park and manuever in tight places and you will be in them. I am always open to something better, but i have not heard or seen any yet.

Last truck you ever putchased

Ryan Watry, 09/19/2018
SR FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This beast will get you whenever you are going safely. Haual anything, anywhere, reliably withouth the Ford/Chevy/Dodge BS issues you will almost certainly experience. I have regularly hauled 10000 lbs + loads through mountainous terrain, 90 degree + temps and the Tundra never blinks. I was a Chevy guy for years, but will never turn back. Toyota allrheway baby!!! Doesn't burn a drop of oil, and looks as fresh as original after 5K of heavy use.

12345...8