Used 2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
2.63 out of 5 stars

Toyota has ruined the Tundra

mrt19, 11/11/2013
SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Toyota has completely changed the engine mapping for this truck and added an electronic throttle limiter so everything that was right about the 2007-2013 5.7 engine is now gone. That beloved power is no more. It is sluggish, slow, shift points are erratic and all over the place. I also now get 11mpg. I just got back from the Toyota dealer because I thought something was wrong with it. After a ride with a Toyota Master Technician he confirmed that was what it was supposed to be like. He also agreed with me that they have ruined this truck.

Most Reliable Truck on The Road

David Lee, 11/17/2016
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Tundra. I brought this truck brand new in Febuary 2015. I have the 4WD 1794 Edition and it is Luxury Vehicle that is capable of handling all of your everyday needs. The gas mileage is not as great as other full size 1/2 ton trucks in its class, but I didn't expect great gas mileage for a truck this size. I average about 13 miles per gallon and I do mostly city driving. The Crewmax Tundra cab is the most comfortable Truck out there. I can drive with my seat all the way back and a person with long legs can still sit comfortably behind me. And the 1794 interior is Lexus quality. Everyone who gets in my truck for the first time is amazed at how nice the interior of this truck is. My only complaint is all controls should light up at night, especially the mirror controls. This truck is absolutely the best on the highway. I put a tonneau cover on the bed and when we go on a family vacation we are able to fit all the luggage in the truck bed with no problems and all 5 of us can sit comfortably in the cab and stretch out. The only complaint I have about my truck is the ride is not as comfortable as some of its competitors. You tend to feel every bump in the road. As far as reliabilty, I brought the Tundra over the Ram, Silverado, and F-150 because Toyota has the best reliabilty hands down and Toyota also has the best resale value. I have a friend with a 2010 with 160K and his truck has not given him any problems and I am expecting the same results from my 2014.

2014 Tundra LTD

Mick NO, 01/14/2017
Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far out performs any GM I have had in 30yrs. Haven't towed with it yet but expect it to do much better than my GM. So after a year I've updated my review. Overall very satisfied. 4x4 is light years ahead of any GM I've owned, just grips the road, you have total control and really have to make an effort to lose control! Carpet is kinda cheap, but I covered them with high quality liners. Towing is outstanding, effortless.. Turning radius is very good for full size truck! Fuel econmy is about the same as my 04 Silverado, not great. Part of that is I put LT truck tires on it and another is what almost seems like "engine breaking". Doing 80mph or 30mph, when you let off the throttle the truck starts to slow down. Doesn't coast!! Good for breaks, bad for fuel economy. Leather is very good quality, seats are kinda firm. Good back support on the drivers side.

3 out of 5 stars

4.88 out of 5 stars

Best truck ever owned

lscheall, 08/25/2014
SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned trucks made by all of the big three and the only other truck that can come close to a Tundra is a Ford. Dodge and GM trucks are cheaply made crap that is over priced and break down way to often. The power comfort and performace of the Tundra is unmatched. Not to mention that it is the only truck that is actually made in the US while the others are made everywhere but the U.S. My only problem with the interior design is the amount of chrome, I have had two eye surgeries and to me it is overwhelming at times. Other then that small flaw I love this truck, and would and have recommended it to my friends.

4.63 out of 5 stars

New 1794 Tundra

thepieman, 10/08/2013
1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the new 1794, the truck is a masterpiece, I have a 2013 work truck Tundra and the interior of this truck was dated, the improvement is needed and has been thought out well, the voice activation is good although it takes some getting used to, but saves having to take your eye of the road to press buttons on a screen. The sat nav works well and a nice touch is that when you get close to a turn, you get a display on your drivers screen console. The engine is the same, it is a lovely powerful motor, but it likes a drink! The build quality seems top class, although the carpet is a bit thin and not the quality it should be. The ride is the most comfortable i've driven.

12345...8