Used 2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

5 stars however not 100%

Florian Barbu, 09/06/2016
1794 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

All in all a fantastic ride. Great truck, reliable, good looking and spacious. There are 2 small things that did not let me go for a 100% satisfaction rating. The plastic door covers feels and looks bad in comparison with the entire interior. The cherry on the cake is the fact that speakers are either not sealed perfect in place or that plastic is not overlapping close over the holding screws. The bass vibration from the stereo is so bad and it does not matter if the bass is off and treble high you can still don't get the sound this car's entertainment system should give you out of those speakers. So if your plastic covers and sound is not your thing 100% will love it. I did, don't get me wrong however I for a premium price i was expecting a premium car. Almost.

5 out of 5 stars

Last truck you ever putchased

Ryan Watry, 09/19/2018
SR FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This beast will get you whenever you are going safely. Haual anything, anywhere, reliably withouth the Ford/Chevy/Dodge BS issues you will almost certainly experience. I have regularly hauled 10000 lbs + loads through mountainous terrain, 90 degree + temps and the Tundra never blinks. I was a Chevy guy for years, but will never turn back. Toyota allrheway baby!!! Doesn't burn a drop of oil, and looks as fresh as original after 5K of heavy use.

Best Truck Yet

brett42, 04/13/2015
SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. It pull like crazy, handles my trailer plus a load without any hesitation over Colorado passes to boot. It's the most comfortable truck I have ever owned..had Fords since I could drive..40 years! The 4.3 rear end is the best and while a little better fuel economy would be nice, by far I prefer the power. All my Fords except my 68 with a 390 cid were under powered. This thing loves to tow. The room in the bed is excellent and the way the seats fold up in the back for more room is brilliant. Some reviewers whine about no brake controller..I say get over it. I like the one I got to choose by myself. The install took 10 minutes..big deal!! I love this truck and won't go back.

1 out of 5 stars

Don't buy

Brent Munck, 11/23/2017
SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Issues with a 2014 Tundra: replaced door locks 13 times ( actuator coating kept melting, asked dealer to look further into the cause; they refused and Toyota wouldn't back me up), throttle bottle failed, ECU had to be reprogrammed 3 times (each time putting the truck into limp mode until reprogrammed), transfer case was stuck in 4x4 for periods of time until brought to dealer, trim on top of truck flew off while driving down the highway, and windows frequently wouldn't work after dealer worked on door locks. Issues with dealer and Toyota: faulty work frequently by dealer, Toyota and dealer customer service refused to look further into issues with truck and were unpleasant to deal with, Toyota Care provided by dealer wasn't done correctly or up to Toyota standards (had to bring Toyota into the conversation for them to do a service that I purchased), both dealer and Toyota refused to make situation right when I offered to purchase another new truck from them (Toyota offered me a $500 rebate for the issues I was having, which was more of an insult than anything).

1 out of 5 stars

Dependable, Reliable, Thirsty

beaverfood, 04/12/2014
Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wish the new ones (2019) got better gas mileage, and had Apple Play, but I'll be getting one anyway. This time it will be a 1794. This will be my 3rd Tundra. I'll be moving my snowplow to the 1794. In the past, I've owned 2 F-150's, and 4 or 5 Silverado's. All had problems, with the last Silverado having 5 complete electrical failures. I also had a Chrysler product somewhere in the past, that had serious rust issues after just 2 years. So, I feel I'm buying the best in a Tundra. I also own a 2016 RAV4.

12345...8