Used 2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

Used Tundra for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

5 stars however not 100%

Florian Barbu, 09/06/2016
1794 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

All in all a fantastic ride. Great truck, reliable, good looking and spacious. There are 2 small things that did not let me go for a 100% satisfaction rating. The plastic door covers feels and looks bad in comparison with the entire interior. The cherry on the cake is the fact that speakers are either not sealed perfect in place or that plastic is not overlapping close over the holding screws. The bass vibration from the stereo is so bad and it does not matter if the bass is off and treble high you can still don't get the sound this car's entertainment system should give you out of those speakers. So if your plastic covers and sound is not your thing 100% will love it. I did, don't get me wrong however I for a premium price i was expecting a premium car. Almost.

Best Truck Yet

brett42, 04/13/2015
SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. It pull like crazy, handles my trailer plus a load without any hesitation over Colorado passes to boot. It's the most comfortable truck I have ever owned..had Fords since I could drive..40 years! The 4.3 rear end is the best and while a little better fuel economy would be nice, by far I prefer the power. All my Fords except my 68 with a 390 cid were under powered. This thing loves to tow. The room in the bed is excellent and the way the seats fold up in the back for more room is brilliant. Some reviewers whine about no brake controller..I say get over it. I like the one I got to choose by myself. The install took 10 minutes..big deal!! I love this truck and won't go back.

Dependable, Reliable, Thirsty

beaverfood, 04/12/2014
Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wish the new ones (2019) got better gas mileage, and had Apple Play, but I'll be getting one anyway. This time it will be a 1794. This will be my 3rd Tundra. I'll be moving my snowplow to the 1794. In the past, I've owned 2 F-150's, and 4 or 5 Silverado's. All had problems, with the last Silverado having 5 complete electrical failures. I also had a Chrysler product somewhere in the past, that had serious rust issues after just 2 years. So, I feel I'm buying the best in a Tundra. I also own a 2016 RAV4.

Toyota has ruined the Tundra

mrt19, 11/11/2013

Toyota has completely changed the engine mapping for this truck and added an electronic throttle limiter so everything that was right about the 2007-2013 5.7 engine is now gone. That beloved power is no more. It is sluggish, slow, shift points are erratic and all over the place. I also now get 11mpg. I just got back from the Toyota dealer because I thought something was wrong with it. After a ride with a Toyota Master Technician he confirmed that was what it was supposed to be like. He also agreed with me that they have ruined this truck.

Best truck ever owned

lscheall, 08/25/2014

I have owned trucks made by all of the big three and the only other truck that can come close to a Tundra is a Ford. Dodge and GM trucks are cheaply made crap that is over priced and break down way to often. The power comfort and performace of the Tundra is unmatched. Not to mention that it is the only truck that is actually made in the US while the others are made everywhere but the U.S. My only problem with the interior design is the amount of chrome, I have had two eye surgeries and to me it is overwhelming at times. Other then that small flaw I love this truck, and would and have recommended it to my friends.

12345...8