Used 1997 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota T100 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific T100 model:

PLEASE bring something like it back
By Lynn

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

1. 207 inches long: it fits in my garage/I can park it in a parking ramp. 2. It's got a 6 foot box and 4 feet between the fender wells. 3. In a pinch, it'll seat 6 people. I'm the 2nd owner and have had it for 14 years. If any manufacturer made a similar truck today, I'd buy it tomorrow. I have no negatives.

Toyota T 100 SR5 extended cab
By Dick Klocko

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased new

From New til Now
By 283fs

1997 Toyota T100 DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my T-100 new in Jan 97. Best truck I have ever owned, got 120,000 and have only replaced the starter, ($120.00) Only tuned up once and still runs like a dream. Don't know much about the Tundra, but if it is half the truck this is they have got a winner.

97 t100 sr5 5 speed
By bruce777

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

i bought a 97 t100 sr5 2wd 5 speed about a month ago it has 195000 as of now. i have put 5k on it myself. I really love this truck its small enough to go anywhere but big enough to tow and haul. the engine runs really well. i have had to put some money in to it though, and let me tell you these parts arent cheap and thats if you can find them. autozone only carries about half of what you need including wheel bearings and a number of other things that should be supplied. I am having real problems with my 5 speed trans. front input shaft bearing is going bad witch is going to be a 1000 for a rebuilt one. clutch pedal broke though firewall had to make my own bracket to stop anymore damage. drained rearend today and it was full of water. these trucks where cheaply made but there are some great ones out there just beware of the bad ones.

3.4 engine

they should have used better metal and put a little more thought in design

272,000 miles and counting
By Tuck in Houston

1997 Toyota T100 SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new, it had 2.5 miles on it; probably putting it on and taking it off the ship from Japan. All 271,996.5 miles are MINE. This is a great truck, the best vehicle I have ever owned, no complaints. I have replaced the clutch; taught my wife to drive a standard. Currently in the process of having the interior restored, new carpet and door upholstery. Good for another 272k!!

Drivability, durability, just plain ability.

Bring it back, the new Tundra is too large and the Tacoma is too small. Like Goldilocks would say "this one is just right".