Used 2016 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great car. Premium will improve you mpg
By Bob Comarow

2016 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is one great car. I used to get 45 mpg in the city, 54-55 on the highway. I put Premium, and on the highway I got 62.5 mpg using cruise control. Incidently driving with the sun run open at all will take off 5 mpg. The car is quiet. The controls, hell I was a professor of computer science, a systems engineer, did high level technical support, classified real time systems engineer, phased radar to militarized computers. And, I still can't figure out how to use to controls. If I can't, who can? The manual is poorly written. When you write, first you have to give the concepts, so the details make sense. If the manual indicated what features are on what car, that would help as well.

Love It!
By Kirk W

2016 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchase my 2016 Prius Model 4 used with only 7200 miles on it. It was virtually brand new after almost two years. The comfort level is exceptional with regards to the physical seat comfort, and then just the overall feeling of all the safety features that are on the car. I’m 6’1” and 220 lbs and find the seats perfect. Getting in and out of the car is not too difficult, but it isn’t as easy as other vehicles with a more upright sitting position. I have plenty of headroom. I was specifically looking for a Prius 4 because of the leather seats (ok, I know it’s not real leather, but it feels like it), and the power adjustable drivers seat. I wish the passenger seat had power adjustment also. Several inline reviews say the new design is ugly, but I think it looks great. To each there own. My wife likes my Prius so much she wants to trade in her GMC Acadia and we’ll have his and hers ... lol.

Prius is great
By Dixiesmom

2016 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car especially when gas prices go up

Prius that I love yet hate
By Dan

2016 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Low front clearance makes this not drivable to most places. If the roads in your state is well maintained and traffic is not crazy, driving this vehicle will be pleasant experience. My recommendation will be to improve undercarriage safety and robustness.

Cracked Windshield Issues
By Marsh

2016 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What Toyota has known about for awhile and failed to address, and what is currently a class action suit against the company is that the windshields on the 4th Generation Prius models (2016 and 2017 years) are faulty and are very succeptable to cracks, making them a road safety hazard. Furthermore, Toyota has known about this issue per the class action summary and has failed to act. On top of this, Toyota is hiding behind the “road debris” exclusion of the warranty which is forcing customers to pay out of pocket for these issues. My wife and I bought a 2016 model Prius IV, and within 4 months, we had 3 chips on the windshield and 2 cracks over 12 inches in length. The 4th Generation model has been plagued be issues including an airbag recall and windshield problems, and Toyota has been inadequate in their response to these issues. If you are looking to buy a Pruis, I would recommend an older model, or look to another Hybrid vehicle as the 4th generation will disappoint.