Used 2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 218 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

10 years old and still a gem!!
By Dick

2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At 44 mpg and low costs of maintenance over the years I would highly recommend this car for local, daily use. Good for kid seats in second row (2) and still have cargo area in back. We are selling our Prius only because it fits only two child car seats with the integrated tie-down system. Need more space!

Great car. Fun to drive
By Cindy

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Prius when it was 10 years old with 90k miles on it. I love the car. I test drove newer models but like the interior of the 08 better. Many compartments to keep things in and it just feels roomier. Too old for a USB port but can still play my iPod. Nav works great. Gas mileage is fantastic! Acceleration is not the best but once its moving it's pretty zippy around town and really smooth at higher speeds. As with any car that is 10 years old it has its little squeaks here and there but over all still feels very solid. I have no regrets. I see many ads where they are selling with 250k+ miles and still going. Hope I'm that lucky. Oh and it is amazing what you can fit in the hatch. Crazy! Great design, great mileage and great longevity puts it ahead of all the other hybrids.

2008 Utility Prius
By GT

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought it used at 25000 miles. Now have 170000 from all over the Eastern lower 48. It gets the best gas mileage in 90+ degree hot weather. I've gotten 50 mpg on several tankfuls driving interstates in Florida and Georgia. In cooler spring/fall weather it get about 41 mpg, except in the mountains of Kentucky and Tennessee where I average over 46 mpg. The hills improve the mileage and it accelerates up the hills better than most of the traffic. In 10 degree winter weather it only gets about 35 mpg until it warms up after an hour or so. It has been extremely low maintenance requiring only headlights and brakes at 110000 miles, not counting 12 tires and oil changes. I'm most impressed by the cargo capacity. I gave three 300+ pound passengers a tour of lower MI. It braked well and still got 45 mpg that week. For a project I hauled a dozen 8ft 2x4s between the seats. For another I hauled 14 bags of mulch. While moving I squeezed in 6 dining table chairs and a mountain of miscellaneous. It is noticeably cheaper to to use the Prius to run tools and parts to job sites than use the the gas hog pick-up. On the down side the plastic panels on the underside have torn loose on some rough MI terrain and needed jury-rig repairs, but all in all it is a moderately tough vehicle and great for my budget. Since it has not rusted and has no trade in value I will happily continue to abuse it for a couple more years

A very good review
By James K

2008 Toyota Prius Standard 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is a great car. I had it for 8 years and had no problems.

2008 prius
By Bill

2008 Toyota Prius Touring 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's nothing fancy but it just keeps on running and with great mpg