Used 2015 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Buy One You Will Love It
By Don Yusko

2015 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything. Its fun to drive and so sporty yet a practical vehicle for an individual or family. The extra cargo space is worth every dollar. I wish my 2015 had the extra features on the 2018's and more. Of course at the old price ! All these cars today are overpriced. The option packages are so frustrating and add up quickly to the base price of the car. I'm not very fond of all the leasing and sales tactics used these days. When I leased my Prius V/trim level 3 I expected to buy the car with the option. I put down $ 5,000 and have thus decided not to purchase the car. That being said, buying Gap Insurance and a $ 795.00 plan to cover wear and tear costs...What do you think that does to the overall cost of the vehicle. Of course they want to charge you $ 350.00 when you turn the car in...Add up all these costs and leasing is not for everyone. The option to buy monthly payments are usually much higher than the lease payments.. Its only a car and they are much to expensive for everyone these days. When the gas prices in 2014 were sky high the great gas mileage was a real blessing. Overall, buy a Prius compact or a wagon. The Prius wagon was my choice after spending 3 weeks looking at every car made and traveling to all the dealers. I almost bought the popular Honda CRV...when I took my 97 year old mother at the last minute for a interstate short ride, the Honda felt like riding in a Jeep. I even asked the salesman if there was something wrong with the test vehicle. The Prius V became a very very very easy choise for me. Mother likes her rides to the hair dresser, doctor and occasional dining out. Good Luck ! Its a very stressful shopping experience. You can spend a week just reading reviews. ARE YOU AWARE THAT CONSUMER REPORTS OUT OF THE 258 RECENTLY TESTED only 26 vehicles were recommended. Your Prius is on the list. Popular cars on the road today were not recommended. Be a conscious buyer, its your money !

Roomy 40+ MPG car with no maintenance issues
By brian

2015 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am writing this review at about 30 months of ownership, but my mileage has been only 15,000 miles to date, so perhaps my lack of maintenance issues is partly related to this. To date, I have averaged a decent 41.8 MPG overall (measured by actual mileage and actual fuel consumption rather than the trip computer which seems to be about 5% too high -- I log all my fuel purchases on fuelly.com). I live in Arizona in a 5,200 foot elevation area which leaves us warm but not boiling summer temps and cold but not miserable weather in winter. I owned a regular Prius before this vehicle so I expected (and am getting) pretty much the same overall experience. It isn't a race car but I bought it for extra roominess, reliability and fuel economy and find that if I press the accelerator I get to highway speeds and can maintain highway speeds even in our mountainous region. Handling is fine, no complaints. I like the rear visibility of this vehicle compared to the standard Prius, which I thought was a nightmare. This is a very capable vehicle and I have no serious concerns.

Update, June 2018 21,000 miles. Still no problems with the vehicle. Pretty much the same evaluation. It came off lease and we bought it, so that tells you we remain happy with the vehicle.

Falls short of great potential
By Irv Richards

2015 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After previously driving a 2009 Prius I expected more from this more expensive model. Although this car rides and handles nicely, I was surprised that not only do I get lousy MPG, but it strains to go up hills! I really like all the safety features that the Prius V-5 model gives me and the cargo space is great. My biggest complaint beside the under-powered motor is the mileage. At 8500 miles we are under 35mpg 33% of the time and we average 35.8 mpg. My secondary complaint is that on this most expensive model, the sound system is rather crappy. I get better sound in my 2010 Sienna. I really can't recommend this model. I've complained to the dealer, but they say nothing is wrong with the car! I wonder how they got the EPA to give them a rating of 40-44mpg with a combined mileage of 42mpg. UPDATE Nov. 2017. We still get lousy mileage and the motor strains going uphill yet Toyota says everything is fine! They even brought in a factory rep to test it! UPDATE May 15, 2018 Same poor mileage, still struggles up steep hills and crappy sound system. I probably would not buy a third prius.

Great condition
By Conan Vuong

<br>

Too big for me, but a good car
By Larry Stuart

2015 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is a great car, but bigger than I need. I find it harder to park and the front hood design is too long and fancy.
I am taking a loss now to change to a smaller car. The inside has some cheap parts, like the top of the dash board.
It would be a good car for someone that needs lots of cargo space and plenty of back seat space, but decent mileage.
Great windows for visibility, much better than the standard Prius.