Used 2016 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Nice to look at, but not to drive
By S******

2016 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The good...It's very comfortable and nice to look at. I love the blind spot monitor. It comes in handy. The bad....I commute around 50 miles a day in heavy traffic. The engine in this car is not responsive at all. I've owned it for two years and am looking to get rid of it. I was so excited to get my Camry, now I'm more excited to get rid of it.

Nice car
By Donald Temple

Nice car

A car I can feel safe in
By Pamela DiCarlo

2016 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

When I recently upgraded my car (Chevy Cruze) it was such a relief since it already had 3 significant recalls on it. This car was completely different, it is smooth, it is quiet, the seat comfort alone is worth it. I love the seats because the driver seat is so adjustable that my boy friend who is 6 foot 3 inches fits in the car comfortably and I am 5 foot 2 in and after adjusting the seat I fit in perfectly. It has 6 or more different powered ways to adjust seat. Plus I love the heated seats. I was shocked when I was reading the other reviews and the specs on this car though because it says that it has BLUE trim on the special seats but my car does not, it has RED trim on the cloth / leather seats. Which I did think was weird since the outside of the black car has the blue glitter in it that stands out, so I thought they would make it match but I love red so I'm not complaining. The interior though is my favorite I've ever had, I personally like cloth seats because I don't like to burn my legs with leather so the fact that it's cloth in the middle and leather on just the sides is great because it makes the side more sturdy for the lap belt rubbing on it and it won't get messed up so easy. My car I got used as a 2016 so maybe it has something to do with it but my exterior paint is not that fabulous, when I picked out my car I went to the dealership in the evening so I didn't realize it was such a dull black, even with the blue glitter in it, it's pretty flat and a drab looking black. I'm going to try to wax it and hopefully that fixes it. It handles so well and it turnes so easy it's great to drive and the response is perfect. I always judge my cars on how good of a U turn it makes because I hate to make U turn at a light and have to back up and go forward again, this car can make a great U turn. As far as gas goes... my last car got really great gas mileage and maybe this one does too but it's not what I was used to so it's okay. Even still a much much better car, I'd say the best car I've had.

Camry lover since 1996
By Martin F Herrera

2016 Toyota Camry Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been a Toyota Camry lover/owner since I purchase my first Camry back in 1996. Then I had an traffic accident and got rid of the Camry 1996 and purchased a new 2000 black Camry, still I have it and still runs almost like a new at 150k miles, I wanted to drive for Uber in my free time and I purchased a 2016 Camry. I love the exterior styling a lot but I don't fit inside as I do in my 2000 model. The interior is just smaller. My three biggest issues are: 1. the incredibly uncomfortable seats which cause my knees to go numb while driving and the bouncing of the car. 2. I hit my head when I get I and out the car. 3. I hit my elbow often when turning. I drive for 20 hours each week and I'm constantly thinking about what I'm going to do with this car - keep it or trade it for something more comfortable. It's really disappointing given I loved previous Camry version. Have no idea why they changed them. The first day I took the car home, my kid asked me if it was a Corolla or a Camry, the same question was asked for another two people. I'm really questioning my loyalty to Toyota.

NOISY BUMPER
By TC11FL

2016 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

You all need to know before you buy this car that there may be a rear end noise that sounds like a flapping which is told to be the bumper clip. BE AWARE Toyota cant fix it. They are saying it is something you have to live with.