Used 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Downsizing from "sporty" to "practical"
By Just Plain Bob

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just to give you a sense of this car's image, my 30-something son rolled his eyes when I told him I bought this car. It has about as much cachet as my dad's old De Soto. After I got through laughing I told him that my days of buying a car to project an image or, as he says it, "to make a statement," are over with. My previous car, a 2004 Acura TL (which has 230,000 absolutely trouble free miles on it) has been replaced with this "plain vanilla" Camry Hybrid. But then, there's vanilla and there's vanilla. This Camry is a delightful car in every respect. Regardless of its ho-hum reputation, the body makeover gives it pleasing lines. It's quiet enough, it's got plenty of gitty-up (200 hp between the gas and electric motor), it's remarkably comfortable for a big man (I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs) and everything makes sense in terms of instruments and what you need to know while driving. BEST OF ALL, it sips gasoline and getting 40 mpg is not hard to make with conservative driving habits. a little bit less in non-urban/long haul driving. I'm very happy with this purchase. I'll give it 4 stars. The missing star is because of its lack of sex appeal.

these cars rule
By Bruce Del Gallo

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Why doesn't everyone own a hybrid??

Great car Outstanding!!
By Joseph

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This hybrid has great mileage in a very safe and responsive car. I love the acceleration! It also is totally trouble free!! The trunk is spacious and the car is very comfortable. I'm 6' 3" tall and I find the car roomy. I love the backup camera (how did I live without it)! The adaptive cruise conrol makes longer trips stress free.

Try out a hybrid for a diffent approach to driving
By Theodore Simons

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Others who buy this car should realize that buying a hybrid is not much different than buying a non-hybrid. However, I have only had my car for about 2 months so I am concerned about whether the hybrid will result in more repairs in order to maintain the hybrid system. Time will tell altho the hybrid parts are warranteed longer than the rest of the car. But that makes me wonder why it's necessary to have this longer warranty. Does this mean that troubles are more likely down the road? Only time will tell. In all honesty, the keyless push-button start is the most difficult adjustment to make from the traditional key system. Making sure that the car is really turned off, especially since the hybrid is virtually silent in "park," makes it all the more necessary to make sure the car is off before leaving it.

This is a really, really nice car!
By Bushleague

2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I actually purchased my 2015 TCH XLE used, in March, 2016 when fuel was at an all time low. I own a 2008 TCH, so I had a good baseline to go on, and am spoiled by features such as a leather interior, roof, bluetooth, and navigation. I really enjoy the Entune and satellite radio, as well as all of the other apps. The previous owner replaced the OEM Bridgestone tires with Michelins, making the car super quiet on the highway, and I like the fact that you can travel 700 miles between fsillups. It also has body side mouldings, sill guards, and splash guards, all factory installed. I also like the special paint, Artic Pearl.