Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon Hybrid model:

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
By Richard Hauguel

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What more can be said about an Avalon and it's reliability (The Good) The low front end is a magnet for stones, snow, etc. (The Bad) The entertainment and navigation system (The Ugly)

Nice car
By Art Levey

Incredible Technology.

Premature evaluation & ED (Evaluation Difficulties
By Janet Batiansila

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Although I have owned and driven this car for only a week, I like everything about it. As I have indicated in my title, perhaps it is a premature evaluation...I am assessing my car after a week of performance, but I like everything about it.

OWNING AN AVALON HYBRID IS GREAT!!!
By Steve P. from San Ramon

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE THIS 2013 TOYOTA AVALON HYBRID!! Excellent styling, nice interior with really good color combinations, FABULOUS GAS MILEAGE. My first week of work commuting, in rush hour traffic, it achieved 40.3 MPG. Took in on a week long vacation, traveled 783 miles, up and down mountains (climbing to 9,000 ft) several times and achieved 38.6 MPG for the entire trip!! Only spent $56.00 for gas the entire week! The rear seat is large enough for my 6'5" son to fit in without his knees touching the front seat. The trunk is larger than it appears, it held all our luggage with ease.
After 6 mos of driving this car is is still GREAT!! The gas mileage drops a little in the winter time due to running the heater but everything is wonderful. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THIS CAR!
1 year later - I'm averaging 36-38 MPG traveling to/from work in rush hour traffic (lots of stop and go) or going 79 MPH. The maintenance has been very simply, oil change only every 10,000 miles (synthetic oil), the breaks have not worn down at all, tire rotation every 5,000 miles. Excellent air conditioner for the summer months with only a 1-2 MPG drop.

The Best Car Ever!! And I have owned a bunch
By Click

2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love driving this car. It is my sporty, luxury and best of all economical ride. I own 3 other Toyota products, a 2007 Lexus, 1999 4-Runner, and a 2011 Camry. But the Avalon is my favorite. Smooth quiet ride that holds the road while getting in and out of traffic without drinking gallons of gas. My Touring class has all the bells and whistles which makes a distraction-free and safe ride. The feature that has me wondering how I drove without it all these years is the Blind Spot Monitoring system. It is the absolute best technology ever. Thanks Toyota for the 2013 Avalon Hybrid. A great solid piece of machinery that's fun to operate and easy on the purse strings. Bravo!!