Used 2001 Suzuki Vitara Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Vitara for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Almost perfect

SuperHippo, 02/26/2002

Interior: The driver seat is big and extremely easy to get into and out of, something that Ford has never been able to accomplish. All controls are within easy reach, and spread out enough that they are easy to find without loooking. Air controls are straightforward, and easy to use. Exterior: I like it. Nowhere near as cool as the Saturn VUE, but you get what you pay for. I prefer the side opening rear tailgate rather than the hatchback style.

Excellent in this price

Chih-Hao, 12/20/2002

Everything in this SUV is doing its job pretty well. The price is relatively cheaper. Easy to control. Beautiful exterier.

The Little SUV that Could

CryingFreeman, 02/13/2003

I've purchased a used 2001 Grand Vitara JLX with ABS and alloy wheels. I've love the styling and handling of the vehicle. It has a 155 V6 engine that's very quiet. Since I'm not 6' tall, there's no complaints coming from me concerning head and leg room. It's very comfortable for the driver as well as passengers. There's only one problem...I've noticed that during the cold days, the airbag light will stay on when you start the engine. It eventually goes away with the car is warmed up but after you restart it. As I'm writing this, the SUV is in the dealership because it's still under warranty to fix this problem.

Wear your earplugs!!!

terpr, 05/26/2003

I bought my Vitara with the hopes of having a fun, dependable ride. What I got was a car that constantly creaks and makes noises. I've taken it in twice for the same problem and it still makes noise! It's the most infuriating thing! I dread going over a speed bump or an uneven road. It sounds like my car is going to fall apart!