Used 2015 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

It Should Have Been A Great Car
By Joyce Allen

2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A long throw shift lever makes shifting gears kind of a chore. This year has a long throw shift and it should have had a short throw. Maybe better if you are tall with long arms. But the previous year had a short throw stick and I think it was better.

It's a good to great car for just driving around town. Out on the highway , over 65, it loses road feel. You are kind of floating and I was unhappy with that. I drove a lot slower than I would normally. Probably everything was all right but I was very disturbed that I couldn't really feel what the car was doing on the road. I believe road feel is a safety factor.

One EZ ride
By gloria currie

2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It's a great car.

Subaru number 2
By R

2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I had a 2013 impreza i was rear ended by a person going 50 miles per hour and walked away from the accident. i recently purchased this car, its the safest car you could buy. The technology is great, interior is awesome, exterior looks amazing, and it handles like a dream you cant go wrong with this vehicle. the gas mileage is pretty great aswell

Fun and Reliable little car.
By Ruby Suby

2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've always preferred a manual shift and for the last 15 years have only had automatics. Every manufacturer has a slightly different feel to their standard transmission, so it took a little getting used to, but after a couple of weeks it was feeling totally normal. It has good acceleration in the lower gears, and not too bad even in 5th gear uphill. No problems; solid feeling and reliable, and nice and sporty. Being small at 5'0", I do find I like to use a pillow to make the bucket seat fit me better, and the seatbelt mostly stays in the right place on the lowest setting, only occasionally catching me against the neck. The front seat slides forward more than far enough, which is a nice change!

Weekend car, turned fun!
By Jake

2015 Subaru Impreza 2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Needed an inexpensive car that I could drive on the weekend (I have a company truck that I drive during the week). Something reliable, fun, good in the snow and good on gas. My options were slim but since my dad was always a Subaru fan, I decided to give it a try. I walked into the dealer and told him exactly what I wanted; A baseline Impreza hatchback, with a manual transmission. Wouldn't you know, the closest one meeting my specs was still on a boat in the Atlantic (he had tons on CVT's on the lot, but not my thing). I put money down on the car, site unseen (or driven). When it arrived and I took it for its first spin, I was impressed. The price of the car came in just below $20k, and you cannot beat what you get for that money in this car. Albeit, it is no WRX, but it is zippy and handles great. The AWD is amazing, it hugs the road when it is dry and pushes you through the snow in the winter. I believe the manual is the way to go with this car, it really makes it a lot more fun to drive. My only issues with the car: The touch screen entertainment system is slow in my opinion. I push a button and it takes a second to decide what it wants to do. Many times it has gotten stuck in a certain part of the menu when trying to change settings. The car is low to the ground, like lower than I thought it would be. I have bottomed it out a few times on some dirt roads and when carrying a lot of cargo. I am also 6'1, which makes climbing in and out of it a real treat (and funny for my friends to watch). It seems the A/C does not blow as cold as it should. I find myself turning it all the way up just to cool the car off.