Used 2008 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 9-3 model:

Tough love
By jay molluso

2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love my Saab and now the car had a total electrical meltdown for a half an hour. Then it started again. The shop ran their scAn and checked it out and cannot find a problem! This happened a week ago. Will I love it or lease it???? Update. Meltdown occurred several years ago. No problem since then.

Why the hell didn't I consider a Saab before?
By Al

2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was in the market for a new car and was looking through all of the usual suspects; BMW, Mercedes, Infinity, Cadillac...blah, blah, blah! I had a very strict amount that I was willing to spend because of kids in college and having to purchase another vehicle for my wife and another for my daughter who gets her license in less than a year. So, while I was looking I happened to come across a couple of used Saab convertibles. I did some research and I could not find one really negative review. That was cool. I then called a trusted Euro Repair shop in my area. We discussed the Saab turbo 4 cylinder engine, reliability. maintenance fees, convertible top reliability - a basic rundown of his experience of this car. His overall input was that it was very reliable, fun and easy to work on car. He stated that if I took care of it and was REALLY methodical about changing the oil every 2.5K miles, it would last a very long time.
So, with that I went to go take a look at the car. It was Silver with Black interior and it was in phenomenal shape. 82K miles. Very good maintenance records and it had been taken care of. Car Fax showed everything was clean. Away we went for the test drive!
I immediately noticed that the instrument cluster is laid out very logically and easy to read. I absolutely love the ignition being in the center console. It's different! I fire it up, drop it in drive and head out on the test. Tight steering, front wheel drive 'pull' feels different than rear wheel drive 'push', but it bites and performs really well. Quite, low road noise and surprising performance are things that hit me right away. Seats are very firm but comfortable. I approach the freeway and push the pedal down. Wow! Nice! Great acceleration, handling and we quickly reach 85mph in no time and all of this while not even being in 'Sport' mode. I've driven and owned pretty much every import and I am embarrassed to say that I never looked at a Saab before. The fact that the company is no longer around makes me wonder if they would have been a little more Marketing savvy, if they would still be around. Who knows!!?? What I do know is that I love this car. Convertible top works flawlessly, it looks great, it performs incredibly well. Gas mileage is exceptional given the performance. Bang for the buck, I could not have made a better choice. I'm looking forward to many road trips in this awesome ride! Great fun!

Saab
By Marlene

2008 Saab 9-3 Aero 2dr Convertible (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my second Saab convertible, probably the best car I have ever owned!

Fun and Comfortable
By Tim Zhou

I love this car

Steering is light and accurate. Acceleration is more than sufficient
Radio and Climate controls and logical with non of the touchscreen crap.
The airconditioning is very strong, and quickly cools the car on hot days.
With careful but not slow driving I am able to average 25 mpg going around town, and 36 mpg on highways.

What a fun car
By turnlund

2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased a used 9-3 sedan a few months ago with the base 2.0T engine.
I've owned a few high performance cars and this one is the most fun.
The only the thing the two BMWs I owned/own (a '95 540i and '08 535i respectively) have over this car is acceleration at 85+ MPH.

Handling, pep, comfort, clean interior and exterior design.