Used 2016 Ram Promaster City Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ram Promaster City Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Promaster City model:

Scam/crappy van 2 in one
By Elias

2016 Ram Promaster City Wagon 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

New key if you loose your key 1100 plus dollars plus you tow to their dealership . New ac compressor 1200$ plus part only transmission bad shifting . Engine weak stay away ram is in it for the rip off

The worst vehicle I have ever owned.
By D. R.

2016 Ram Promaster City Wagon SLT 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

If you like paying way too much for repairs that are needed way too often... needing an alignment as often as an oil change, riding around in seats that are like torture devices, and having a digital transmission that causes whiplash every time you change gears, then this is the vehicle for you! Even something as simple as changing a light bulb is a now a time consuming challenge. Thank you RAM, for showing me a true rock bottom in the vehicle world. Almost any vehicle will now seem luxurious after this one.

Not a fan
By Mark

2016 Ram Promaster City Tradesman Cargo 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

My first review was on 11/1/16 shortly after purchasing this vehicle. I was unsure of my feelings about it but now I can honestly say I do not like this van. one of my complaints early on was the acceleration. It's a peppy vehicle but the gas petal is way to sensitive and acceleration from a stand still is inconsistent. I've had the vehicle long enough to have gotten used to driving it but sometimes I step on the gas and the van accelerates normally. Other times it moves too quickly and there are times when it seems like it doesn't respond at all. Not a good feeling in busy traffic. Then there is the brake issue I mentioned in my first review. The issue still exists and RAM has no plans to do anything about it. I guess it's not an expensive enough vehicle for them to care about. Every morning when I leave for work my brakes screech like crazy due to the cheap metal they used on the drums and they rust overnight. Either that or the pads have a high metal content and the metal in them rusts. The screeching does go away after driving the vehicle and making a number of stops to "grind" the rust away. On a rainy day I can get thru the screeching period, drive for a while until I reach my destination, get back in the van a few hours later and the brakes screech all over again. This is unacceptable! Since my last review I have realized that this van handles bumps horribly. I have a 12 year old pickup that rides better than this thing. Now I am having electrical/transmission issues and am actually waiting for the local RAM service tech to call me back to arrange to have the van towed for them to evaluate/repair the issue. Maybe it's just my vehicle as I do see positive reviews but I am not happy with it.

Can't get warranty parts
By Tom

2016 Ram Promaster City Tradesman SLT Cargo 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The cooling fan for the motor has a problem the dealership has 2500 parts on factory back order my van has been at the dealership for over a week and still don't know when the parts will be in. Stay away dodge customer service is not doing anything,about this.customer service from dodge sucks.....

Not a fun unit to drive
By Richard L Kosi

2016 Ram Promaster City Tradesman SLT Cargo 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The Van will not stay in it's lane of travel..The unit pulls to the left into on coming traffic all the time...I have been fighting with Ram/Chrysler on this matter case #30715 and was told by Engineering I had To live with it. I have a new 2015 and and also had a chance to drive a new 2017 and it reacts the same way..( Pulls to the left) If you let go of steering wheel the Van stills pulls to the Left into oncoming traffic as I write this review (12/10/2016). Also the Advertising Brochure state 87.2 inches of cargo length from partition back this not true ..(see page 4 Area D Cargo Area Length...) BS Not there 82"...Drive the van and bring a tape measure... PS Van was also recalled 3 Times already. Not a happy camper...Van is for sale. Up date (06/10/2017) after 13,000 miles van still handles the same. Chrysler still has no fix for the problem. Van still pulls to the left when you let go of the steering wheel. The Van has also lost a hell of a lot of value on the market. Value for your $ Dollar is not there....Suggest you buy something else....Richard