2020 Ram 1500 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $7,136
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

She leaks...

Joel S., 02/13/2020
Big Horn 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Custom ordered my 2020 Ram 1500 last October, received it in November, truck was great until I found a massive water spot in the drivers side foot well. Since then my truck has been at the service department 3 times for the cabin leaking water into the interior. Service department can't figure out where the water is coming from. May have to take a loss on this one and lemon law it. It's a shame too because it's a fantastic truck and looks sharp with the midnight package and white paint.

Girl with Ram Laramie

Girl with Ram Laramie, 01/21/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I love this v8 Hemi truck. The power and stability really has you feeling like your in control on road. In my opinion it’s the best looking by far and the features are amazing but only when they work properly. However... I hate that in my 7 months of ownership it’s been in the shop 11 times; totaling over 50 days there. Most of my issues were with the electronics (BU cam, heated steering wheel, frozen screen, tilt mirrors gets stuck) to name a few. After 4 days of owning the brand new Ram it had to go in because of the screeching breaks. It’s been a slow progression down hill from there. I’ve had the BU cam replaced twice. The side mirrors replaced twice. The steering wheel replaced once (going back when the new wheel comes in. Back order for over 3 months) and the brakes, caps, disks replaced twice. What’s the point of having all the bells and whistles if they don’t work?? A brand new vehicle should not have all these issues let alone a 65k one! This would be the best truck on the market hands down if not for all these annoying issues. Lemon law suit in progress.

Unbelievable Value - Impressive truck

Will C, 11/13/2019
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I looked for months and couldn't be happier with the Ram 1500. I settled on the Laramie with a lot of upgrades rather than the Limited or Longhorn because, while the options like moonroof, power running boards, 12 inch nav, were important, I didn't particularly find a lot of value in the other differences to justify paying more at the base level. And I added the options I wanted to the Laramie. Bottom line is that you can't go wrong with any of the trim levels. In my opinion, better value and better truck than anything else out there right now.

Ad
Build Your 1500
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 7 Trims
  • $32,795starting MSRP

Best overall light-duty truck...period.

gazelem37, 09/16/2020
Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.3 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

There is a reason this truck has won truck of the year 2 years in a row (19 & 20). I have owned a few trucks ('04 Dodge Ram, 3 Nissan Titan's from 2010-2015 and driven many others) in the past and then switched to a 2015 Ford Expedition. There are lots of reviews out there that are going to be very detailed so I will try make mine more of a Pros & Cons list with some explanation now that you have some vehicle history on what I'm used to. Pros: Ride - I opted for the air ride suspension but drove both w & w/o and they were both far superior to the Expedition. Interior - You'll see this in any review but they are way above competitors in interior quality and it's most noticeable with fit and finish. (If you want a negative on the interior, the only one I have is that the door on the drivers side has stitching right where my leg leg rests. If I'm wearing shorts on a long drive, that stitching starts to rub my leg raw. May want to take that into consideration if you are looking at Laramine or Limited and like wearing shorts. It looks sharp but I would prefer it to be smooth like the Big Horn's are) Safety/Tech - Best implementation of Adaptive Cruise in any vehicle I've driven. Doesn't brake hard if someone cuts in front of you like every other car. 12 inch touchscreen is awesome, even if it takes some getting used to how many features are in it. Multi-Function Tailgate - Is the new feature I didn't know I needed. Actually was looking for one without and now 90% of the time it's how I get to the bed of my truck. Cons (some of these are straight-up nit-picky): Price - It's really not much more than competitors so I'm calling out all light-duty trucks here when they start around $35k and top out at $70k, double!? Towing Mirrors - If you opt for towing mirrors in the '20 model, you loose pwr fold and 360 camera view, both of which would be included in my model otherwise and are included in a 2500 series with tow mirrors so it's not an engineering thing. Multi-Function Tailgate & Tonneau cover - Virtually impossible to find a lower priced tonneau cover that works with the MFT. This feature of the truck has Ram putting some brackets at the front of the bed that not even Mopar has a solution for yet. Auto Start-Stop - I know this feature is a love/hate for most but I'll call it out anyway because with e-torque they really want you using this feature. It works well for the first 15 seconds or so but if the light you sit at takes longer you'll find yourself unconsciously easing off the brake a little. What happens is when the Hemi kicks back on, you'll feel a little lunge forward because you aren't holding the brake as much as you were when you stopped. Both me and my wife did this completely without thinking about it, so it seems like a natural driving habit that you have to fight against. Hopefully those help you in some way that you don't read in other reviews. I will admit how small some of the cons are and some I can even disable. Keep in mind, overall, this truck is the best vehicle I've ever owned but no vehicle is perfect. Update: After about 8 months of owning this truck everything above still stands. I don't have much to add to "the best vehicle I've ever owned" statement because it's still true. Haven't had a single issue, it tows like a dream. I will add one thing to the Pros list: Air Ride Suspension, especially for towing. I tow regularly, ranging from very heavy for 1/2 ton to very light and in between. The air ride is so intelligent that when I'm unhooking and the weight has just come off of the truck it immediately deflates down and extra inch so I don't have to raise the trailer up, just to pull the truck forward and then lower the trailer back down. It has been useful in some way, to get under and get out from under trailer, nearly every time I hook something up. That's all on top of the fact that the truck stays level no matter what load I throw on it. Not sure I can buy another truck without it.

Best Truck I ever bought!

Sukhraj Dhillon, 01/06/2020
Limited 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.6 ft SB (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Shop around, the dealerships are usually [non-permissible content removed] in regards to any incentives on this truck. I bought a Limited 4x4 and have been very happy with my purchase, Hemi has plenty of power and decent fuel economy. Interior makes my dads Range Rover jealous. Very good truck.

12345...10