2017 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Best sports car ever
By Harold Broberg

2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7M)

Although pricey, the base 911 is super fast and comfortable and gets 30 mpg on the road. Unless you are a race car driver, 370 HP is already more than needed, but really fun if you need to merge or pass or change lanes at a stoplight.

" Use the Force"
By John Selleh

2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7M)

Driving this car is like nothing else in the world. When I pass on to the next life I hope my GTS will be there waiting for me.

Carrera S Coupe PDK
By RANDY MCCOY

2017 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7M)

There really is no substitute.

A high-performance car for daily driving
By Gearhead1

2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7M)

Six months into my 2017 Graphite Blue Metallic 911. Got the Sports Chrono Package, Sports Exhaust (a must), and PDK. No sunroof to reduce weight and keep the center of gravity closer to the pavement. I drive the car daily. Very comfortable (if you're not overweight), but not soft on the road. If you want soft, get an old Cadillac. The new turbo motor actually gives better low-end power than previous 911s, allowing one to exit corners swiftly. Little lag in Normal mode, but non-existent in Sports mode or the track-worthy Sports Plus mode. Whistling, swooshing, and rumbly exhaust every time there's a downshift is downright addictive. Steering, perfect. Visibility, perfect. Handling, perfect. My third Porsche. I've owned all the following: Audi R8 V10, Lambo Gallardo, Aston Vanquish, Viper, Lotus Elise, M6, but the new 911 gives me the thrill of a near-supercar on a daily basis. If you can get one, you won't be disappointed.

Best all around cab on the market
By Nick

2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7M)

This car does everything right. I use it as my daily driver in Connecticut and it brings a smile to my face evey day. I can actually use it as a family car as my daughters car seats fit in the back latch system. The best of the best!!!