Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

If I knew then what I know now
By Stuck

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most expensive car I have purchased and it has been in the shop for 4 major issues 6 times in just over 2 years. At 2 weeks check engine light-replaces senor. Then sun roof leaked twice and flooded car, burning oil-replace exhaust gaskets, steering wheel noise - had to lube steering shaft, now lights in dash burned out and constant vibration in steering wheel. Just afraid what is next? Stuck payment wise or would dump this lemon.

Power Seats, mirrors, stereo

Fix known steering shaft issues, known gaskets issues.

Worst vehicle I've ever owned
By Tom

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great power and fun to drive, however, 2 pages of repairs including 3 transmissions, tie rod ends, 3 $340 tires, this car was towed 6 times, when I basically gave it away on a trade-in it was diagnosed with another bad transmission and a bad starter!! Drove it a total of 86K. Of all the new vehicles I owned in 35 years this one is the worst. At one point the dealer said he was going to get GM to take the vehicle back, but, that TOO didn't happen. My wife actually told me "that car or me". I love my wife.

HUD and engine power.

Where do I start. not much reliable about this vehicle, so.... engineering would be a good place to start.

Wow, what kind of car is this?
By Russ

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I get that question asked all the time. I don't know how to answer because it's so different from the base Grand Prix that I often just say "GXP" and then the person who asked shuts up and you can tell they have no clue what a GXP is.

Engine, seats, Heads Up Display, Premium sound system, Blue-Green Crystal Premium Paint

the interior and there were some small quality glitches, but I'm sure not everyone has the same and they were all under warranty.

I feel like a Giant in this thing
By Dr. Rob Rice

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

All-in-all, I love this car. Handles well, all the gadgets you can ask for and it's beautiful. However, I'm not a giant (just 6'1") yet I either have to slouch or lean my head. XM radio should be moved to front or all the way in the back - it's covered with sunroof down which makes for poor XM reception especially when traveling S. Both interior and exterior are stylish. People are definately jealous when they get in. Heated seats are awesome. I hate winter.

Heads-up display, heated seats, sunroof. Drivers' information center. Smooth ride. Quick like jet engine.

More headroom please. Place the antennas more logically. Add heated washer fluid. OnStar poorly integrated.

Could have been better
By thepontiacdude

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

If you care about "coolness" more than "utility" than it's worth considering this car. However, if you are looking for a family oriented car, I would consider cars like Accord, Camry, Impala, etc. I own a Grand Prix and I think it is a pretty good car and is a lot of fun to drive but unfortunately there are some cons that stand out.

Performance DIC (Drivers Information Center) Large gauges. Comfortable front seats. Good styling

Over plasticity interior, looks dated. Head room, higher rear seats. Fuel economy could be better. Redesign the dashboard.