Used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

View reviews for a specific Grand Prix model:

Good Car
By Anthony

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Since we bought the car it has never been back for any type of warranty work or any other repairs. Workmanship is excellent. We just change the oil, refuel the car and drive it. Handling is good and it drives well. We like the style, both interior and exterior, very functional. Good car.

Style, reliability and fuel economy.

Pre set automatic seat adjusments for each driver.

Great Car
By paintdude

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought this car as a used program unit..What a great car. Comfort is bar none, the seats are awesome. Brakes are excellent,steering is excellent. The electronic features are just awesome...The more I drive it the more I like it..We just love this car..

Supercharged is a great feature.. The front seats are great,very comfortable..

The only thing that could be improved is the sunroof is noisy when opened all the way, but with it being a glass sunroof, who really needs to open it much..

great value
By docV8

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had to go a ways to find this car, but it was worth it. I was looking at this or a BMW 545, and this took the cake (yes, really). Interior feels wonderful, exterior is beautiful. Power is everywhere. Despite what journalists are saying, torque steer has not occured yet, but for one time when it was floored at 10 MPH on uneven pavement. All I had to do was hang on tighter. Rear drive cars will break traction and get all twisted up (slip/regrip/lurch)if you floor it on uneven pavement, so what's the big deal? I guess some self proclaimed 'enthusiasts' like to kick out the rear end around corners, but if you ask me, I'd rather stay pointed where I want to go. Back seats are great too.

18 inch FORGED aluminum wheels - a $2200 bavarian option. Bilstein shocks, quiet, smooth, and tight as a drum at 85mph, and the displacement on demand V8 still gives 25 mpg highway. Different hoodline and front end really clean up the looks from standard grand prix. V8 makes perfect growl.

except for real tail-pipes (not the funny looking 'boxes with holes' on the regular grand prix's), rear end still does not look butch enough. flatten out the trunk line, pontiac. otherwise, a nice tight car

It's a gas hog but fun to drive
By AK Milwaukee

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm not getting anywhere close to the posted EPA estimates but the sound, power, and handling far outweigh the 21 mpg I average, (and that's driving it sanely!) with 60% hwy and 40% city driving. It pulls a little when doing heavy braking but torque steer on acceleration is minimal. Roomy and comfortable on the inside but I don't understand why Pontiac can't give this car memory settings for the seats - my husband is 6' 4" and I'm 5' 5" - tough to exchange drivers. Also, some gas pedal extension would be nice. For the price I think this car is a great value. I switched from a 2002 Chrysler 300 M and am glad I did.

Power. It's also got a good radio, and is quiet on the inside.

Adjustable gas pedal and memory seats.

Not your typical boring 4 door
By Mark Moody

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased an 05 Grand Prix GT great car at a great price with the employee discount saved almost $7000.00.This is my second Grand Prix GT we also have an 02 which after 75000 miles has yet to give us any problems.I test drove many other cars but came back to Pontiac.For the money I couldn`t find a better equipped car.The Grand Prix GT for us is a nice combination of good looks power and reliability.

Love the moonroof remote car starter monsoon stereo and Onstar handling and ride is very good

no suggestions yet