Used 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Ciera for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Like a Timex, It Keeps on Ticking

it's paif for, 03/10/2007

Yes, this car is boring. But it is reliable, and no matter how I treat it, she just won't give up the ghost. The wife won't let me get something else until this thing dies, so it might be a while. I've got 167,000 miles on her and it still doesn't burn a drop of oil. It has some rust, but for a work car it is perfect. We even take this thing and leave the van at home to keep the miles off the good vehicle. I don't get the gas mileage that others claim though.

It has gone the distance

driver777, 06/13/2003

Bought my Ciera new. After logging 118,000 miles here's the maintenance record: Preventative maintenance: Serpentine belt replaced twice, 40K and 90K Replaced battery and alternator: 85K Replaced shocks, struts Corrective Maintenance: Replaced power window motor, driver's side. Head gasket replaced. Replaced radiator, hoses. Replaced water pump. Power steering assembly replaced due to leak. Ongoing problem: Fuel guage is inaccurate. 1/4 reading is an indicator that the tank is empty.

Eh...

greatcar56, 07/24/2015
SL 4dr Sedan

This was a great car when it worked. I had this car for one year and I got 65,000 miles on it before antifreeze leaked into the engine. It needs an entire new head gasket which is worth more than the whole car. The seats were really comfy though.

My really used Ciera Wagon X fleet

Sean 418, 03/30/2008

In June of 2007, I purchased a 1996 Olds Ciera Wagon on auction from Suffolk County. I bought it because I like station wagons and my 1989 Celebrity wagon was dead. This car has been excellent. After dropping in a new battery and having the oil and fluids changed, I have not had a single problem. Not bad for a vehicle I spent $410. on. Gets me back and forth no problem. May not be the most stylish thing on the road, but that is what I have my 2000 Intrigue and 1968 Chevy Biscayne for. It is like having a van, that is what I use it as. I also use it for work. Love this car. Would buy another one.

Really solid car!

abel, 05/10/2016
SL 4dr Sedan

its nothing fancy, but if your looking for a reliable sturdy car that gets really decent mpg then the car is for you. concidering price you cannot find a better value, and it can sit 6 people.