Used 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Ciera for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

A Great Car From GM!

Fantastic Doug, 10/16/2010

This car came with the standard 3.1 Liter V6 Engine,AC,ABS brakes,and automatic transmission. It is the perfect car for driving around town. I bought the car new and have over 135,000 miles on it. It still drives like a new car with excellent gas mileage.The only thing not working is cruise control, and I don't care because most of my driving is in stop and go city traffic. I've had to replace the battery several times and the "service engine soon" light stays on all the time. A mechanic told me the light is a problem in the car's computer system-nothing is wrong with the car. I really enjoy this car and intend to keep it for many years to come!

overall rating on 1996 olds ciera

Gambler59, 11/11/2003

Very high performance up until this year. Now I am trading my Olds only because mechanically unsound. But I have gotten good performance up till now.

reliability and comfort

crom, 11/22/2003

Proper maintainance keeps the olds runnning. i have never experience breakdowns on the road.had 173,000 miles and it still running good.

If you need depenndability, here you go!

tomonsunset, 02/25/2004

I purchaced this car with about 75,000 on it from an employer who used it as a VP's company car. It sat 2 years and was seldomed used as it was forgotten about when they went to a leasing program. Other than a battery and brakes i ahve no problem withis car. Mine ahd the 3.1 V6 that had plenty of zip around town and easly ahandled highway traffic with ease.Car was easy to service. NOTE: I went through 3 after amrket fule pumps before I got one that did not "roar" when driving. This sound of the pump running and echoing from the fule tank drove me nuts.By the way, the orignal equipment pump was changed out for the same reason.

Value and comfort

Buy American, 07/10/2004

Original owner with 97,000 miles. No mechanical problems except for transmission which was fixed at 7,000 miles under warranty. Have only changed the belts, front brakes done twice and rear brakes once. Original battery almost eight years old! Gets 31 MPG on highway, about 19 around town. At almost 8 years old the finish is holding up very well except for some discoloration of the plastic side trim. Although it was never fashionable this car has proved to be a great value so far!